25.

Alan's POV

Austin had been staying at my house for the past couple days. His mom had been coming over to his constantly and he just couldn't stand seeing her constantly. She wasn't very supportive of him which caused me to not like her very much.

The two of us were currently eating breakfast along with my aunt as well. It was pretty quiet since we were all stuffing our faces with food.

"The date for the trial is this Friday, are you ready to take the stand?" My aunt asked curiously.

I shrugged, "I think so."

"Perfect."

"I guess so. Will you be there?"

"I will, I'll be with you the entire time."

"Thank you."

"It's what I'm here for."

I smiled, "Thanks for like supporting me and stuff, especially like this."

"Alan, I could never leave you to deal with this stuff alone."

"That's good to know."

My aunt smiled at me.

"Okay, now you two need to get to school before you're late," She said getting up from the table.

"You could always call me in."

She rolled her eyes, "Nice try."

"What?" I whined.

"You're going. I think you can handle going to school."

"I don't want to," I muttered.

"I know, but you have too," She said "Now go."

I sighed, taking care of my plate and Austin's before we left.

"I don't want to go to school," I said dramatically.

"I know Ash," Austin said wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we walked. I leaned against him and smiled a little.

"How've you been doing since everything?" He asked.

"Good, what about you?" I asked him.

"I'm fine. I'm just worried about you. I wanna make sure you're okay."

"I'm okay, just stressed about testifying."

"You're going to do great and I'll be there with your aunt and everything."

"You don't have to be there. It won't be good. I don't know what's going to happen."

"I'm going, nothing is keeping me from going."

I just smiled, "Have you talked to your mom at all?"

"Not unless my dad forces me to."

"What bad thing would come from you talking to her? Don't you want a relationship with your mom?"

"No, I don't. She's a piece of shit."

"I know she cheated on your dad and wasn't super great to you, but what if she wants to try and rekindle everything with you?"

"I don't care. Those bridges are burned."

"Don't be so hasty Aust."

"You're telling me if your dad came up to you and wanted to "rekindle" you would do it?"

"If he proved to me he changed, yeah I would."

"You're a better person than me, I guess."

"I think you should talk with her before she's gone again."