19.

Kellin's POV

Vic smiled and gave me a kiss. "I won't be able to answer my phone very much today so if you blow up my phone again because you got some hairbrained idea in the middle of the night, I won't be able to respond," he told me and I grinned at him.

"I'll try my best to remember that but, V, a restaurant that only serves potatoes cooked in various ways is a genius idea and it would be great for not just carnivores but, vegans too and vegetarians. I'm telling you, it's a genius idea and who doesn't like potatoes!"

Vic snorted and shook his head. "You're a dork," he told me and I beamed.

"But you love me," I sang, not wanting to get out of his car. "What do you have to do today?"

"I have to go distribute some merchandise to Oliver's dealers and then work security detail on the streets to make sure none of the girls or guys get hurt."

"Oh," I said and he shrugged.

"Yeah, it's better than prostituting especially when I've got a beautiful boyfriend that I would much rather have sex with."

"You better," I threatened. "Are you still staying the night tomorrow night?"

"I'm going to try to but, if Oliver needs me to do something, I might not be able to," he said honestly and I nodded. That made sense, for the last week or so, Oliver had been running Vic all over the place. There were times he would even call Vic during school to pick up some things. I was worried Vic was going to be running himself ragad doing all of this for Oliver. Ever since he found out Oliver's his dad, he's been doing anything he could to please him.   I don't even know if Vic noticed himself doing anything and everything for Oliver.

"Now, I've got to go," Vic murmured and leaned over his center console and gave me a kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"See you tomorrow. I love you," I said and got out of his car.

"Love you, too K." 

I smiled at him as he drove off before I let my smile fall and headed inside. For the last two days, I had been forcing myself to act energetic and happy but I couldn't anymore. I felt absolutely drained at this point and didn't know when I as ever going to be able to recharge. My parents definitely weren't making it easy for me either. Ever since Vic had come to dinner the week before, they'd been fighting nonstop. When my dad had asked where my mom was, it started and it still hadn't ended and it was utterly exhausting.  I didn't know what to do about it either. I just wanted it to stop.  I trudged into the house to find Rosa frantically cleaning as two guys patched up a hole in the wall.

"Kellin, it would probably be a good idea to not be home for a while," she told me quickly.

"What? Why not?"

She pursed her lips. "It's not my place to say what happens between Mr. and Mrs. Bostwick, you know this."

"What happened? Tell me."

"If you ever bring another man into my house, my goddamn bed you're gone!" My dad shouted from another room and my eyes widened.

"Uh, Rosa, I'm going to be in my room," I whispered.

"Maybe you should just head out of here." 

I shook my head. I just wanted to go to my room and lay down and maybe sleep for a long time. I didn't want to have to deal with any of this.   Maybe I could listen to music and that would drown them out.

I trudged up to my room slowly and sighed as I heard my mom start screaming at my dad.

"Maybe you should be the one to leave! Things are better here without you around!" She shouted and I fell onto my bed, covering my head with my pillow.  Couldn't they stop for for ten minutes?  I already felt like complete and utter shit and now they were just making everything so much worse for me.   Didn't they know this affected me just as much as it did them?