17.

Kellin's POV

I sighed and walked downstairs to the kitchen and headed over to the medicine cabinet to grab my stupid meds. At this point, I really felt like I didn't need them anymore. I was doing really good now and I imagined at this point, I'd be fine if I just stopped taking them.

"Since when did you take medicine?" My mom asked me as I dumped the pills into my hand.

"He's taken those since he was a kid, Lisa, do you not pay any attention to your own child?" My dad demanded, walking in.

"I just haven't seen him taken them in a long time, I thought he got better!" Lisa shouted and I sighed. All I was trying to do was take my meds and get out of here and now they were turning it into an argument. I took the pills out and just slid them into my pocket when they weren't paying attention.

"You don't get better from bipolar disorder!" Dad yelled back at her. "Why don't you just pay attention to him for a while and you'd know this!"

I rolled my eyes, I didn't have time to listen to them today.

"I think my ride's here," I said awkwardly when I heard Vic pull up in front of the house. "I'll see you guys later."

"Who is that boy that's been coming over here so much?" My mom asked, turning to look at me. "And why haven't we met him?"

"He's my boyfriend."

"Why haven't we been introduced?" My dad asked me.

"No time to do it."

"Have him come over for dinner tonight," my mom said. "We'll try and be on our best behavior."

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

"It'll be fine, just bring him over," she told me.

"Okay..."

"Good, now have a good day at school, sweetie," she said and I sighed but nodded my head.

"I'll see you guys later," I muttered. This was definitely the worst day to stop taking my meds but, I wasn't going to give in and keep taking them when I didn't need to. I was doing great, so there was no need to use them.

I headed out of the house and went over to Vic's car. As soon as I got in, I leaned over and gave him a kiss. "Hey, V," I murmured.

"Hey, K." He gave me a small smile and pulled a bag out from behind my seat. "I bought a stupid test this morning."

I smiled, "You don't have to do this you know."

"I know but, for the last week I couldn't stop thinking about it and Austin was irritated with me for not buying it that day when I told him I would."

"Well, what are you gonna do if he's your dad?"

Vic sucked on his teeth and started driving. "Haven't thought about it, yet. The only paternity test I can find are ones where you both have to like use a cotton swab and get like DNA off your cheek so I gotta figure out how I'm going to get his. Or get him to do it."

"What do you think he would do if you asked?"

"Probably say no, I don't know. I still need to figure out how I'm going to do it."

"Alright then." I took his hand and sighed. "You're going to have put it off another day or so."

"Why?"

"My parents are insisting on meeting you."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, and my mom said they'll be on their best behavior," I told him.