✪chapter eleven✪

╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝

╚════════════════╝

FOURTEEN YEARS AGO

The ropes burned her wrists and ankles. Her cheeks were wet. She couldn't see anything with the blindfold over her eyes, tied tightly around her head so that it couldn't fall off. 

The room she was in, wherever it was, was quiet. Not a sound was heard and that frightened her more.

She was sitting down in a hard chair, uncomfortable and scraping at her legs that were strapped up to. She struggled, the rope burning her ankles more. 

The gag in her mouth was uncomfortable, buried between her lips with a knot in the middle to muffle her screams. She tried to scream but it sounded like nothing and she soon gave up. 

Her throat burned from the screaming, her eyes probably red under the blindfold. 

She heard a door open and she stopped struggling, her body frozen in fear. More tears fell down her face and the fear in her body spiked so high that her heart beat slammed into her ribcage to the point of pain.

A pair of hands grabbed the blindfold and yanked it off, pulling her hair in the process. A muffled scream left her gagged mouth. She kept her eyes shut tight so she didn't have to see what would happen next.

The next thing that happened was the hand grabbing her by the back of her head and yanked her head up. She sobbed, her head burning in pain, but she kept her eyes shut tight.

"Open your eyes, little Seraphina," a man's voice coaxed her. Although his voice was low and soft, it was frightening and sounded evil.

She sobbed, not knowing how he knew her name, but she didn't open her eyes. She wouldn't give him what he wanted from her.

"Open...your eyes." He yanked her head back more and she broke into more sobs.

That time she gave him what he wanted.

Her eyes opened and sobs were leaving her lips, her entire body shaking. The man in front of her, an older man in his thirties wearing black clothes. He had a pin on the collar of his shirt but she couldn't make it out as he stood up and moved away from her.

He rolled up the sleeves of his shirt and then looked at her again. "Do you know why you're here, Seraphina?"

She whimpered through the gag and shook her head, her blond hair clinging to her face with the sweat that was dripping down on her skin. 

He chuckled lightly and he crossed his arms over his broad chest. 

"Well, young lady, you're pretty special," he started. "And we're going to show you just how special you are and can be."