✪chapter thirteen✪

╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝

╚════════════════╝

《 3rd POV 》

     When their getaway vehicle came up to the hideaway that Maria mentioned, Steve pulled open the sliding door and jumped out of the vehicle. 

With Sam's help, the two of them lifted Seraphina out of the car first. She was still unconscious but the bleeding from her gunshot wound had slowed down a bit, which Steve took as a good sign. But the paling of her skin and the fact that she hadn't woken up...that was not a good sign.

Steve held her in his arms and then Sam climbed out to help Natasha out of the car as she pressed a towel to her shoulder wound.

They followed Maria into the dark and damp underground tunnel of the hide-out, which seemed to be an old, abandoned dam. Steve was right behind her with Seraphina still in his arms. 

Her blonde hair covered her face as her head rested on his shoulder. Her skin was cold and he was worried that they were running out of time to save her. With the bullet still inside of the wound, it was causing more harm and her vitakinesis couldn't help her.

As they ventured deep into the corridor, he saw a man running toward them from the opposite direction. He was in a suit and Maria called out to him.

"Two GSWs. They've each lost at least a pint," Maria said.

"Maybe two for her," Sam added, pointing to the young blonde in Steve's arms.

"Let me take her first," the doctor motioned to Steve.

He didn't know the man and he felt obligated to not leave Seraphina with him. If she woke up, she would get scared just like she had a Sam's house. He didn't want that to happen.

"I'll carry her," Steve told the man. "Just tell me where to bring her."

The doctor nodded and they continued down the hallway a little ways more. At the end of the hall ahead of them was a curtain and Maria pulled it open.

In a hospital bed in front of them was Nick Fury himself, alive and well—at least, as well as would be expected.

"About damn time," he muttered as he looked at the four refugees in front of him.

"Fury? What the hell?" Natasha questioned. 

The doctor motioned for Steve to bring Seraphina to a table near Fury's bedside and Steve followed him to it. "The bullet still in the wound?"

"Yeah," Steve answered him. "You just have to take it out and cover the wound. No stitches," he explained.

The doctor looked confused as Steve laid Seraphina on the table and rolled her onto her side for the doctor to work.