Chapter Four

It has been a while since I last updated this story, but I promise I'll try to update more frequently Please Comment! xx

Day Four

"Oomph" she stumbles over a large rock, her arms flailing around for balance. A large hand closes around her own, but it's neither tough nor warm.

" Thanks" she mumbles.

" Careful, Granger" Theo replies.

Malfoy kicks a pebble out of his path, and it lands in front of her feet in her path.

She turns around to glare at him, but instead, she knocks right into him as he stumbles forward.

"Fucking hell, Granger! You're clumsier than my house elf!"

At this, Hermione's nostrils flare, eyes narrow, and red covers her cheeks as she explodes.

"You're a vile human being, Malfoy!" She yells.

She pokes an accusing finger in his chest, and Theo grabs her arm to keep her from pouncing at Malfoy, but she's having none of it.

"Just who do you think you are? You walk like you own every damn place, and you talk like you own the world! Those creatures are not your bloody property, Malfoy!" Blood pounds in her ears, and her breathing labours.

Malfoy is just looking at her with an unreadable expression on his face, and then he slaps her finger off his chest and brushes away the germs she might have left.

"Oh but they are my property, Granger" he says nonchalantly.

And Hermione is close to tears. She can't believe she was crushing after this guy...this disgusting piece of......

"You....you manky nutter!"

"Is that the best you can come up with, you dimwitted twat?" He snarls right back.

"Guys, let's just calm down!" Theo interrupts, but Hermione slaps his hand away from her arm.

"I can come up with a lot of stuff, Malfoy, but fortunately, I was raised better than you!"

Something dark flashes behind Malfoy's grey orbs, and Hermione wonders if she's crossed a line.

"You don't want to go there, Granger" he hisses his warning.

Hermione snorts, "I'll go wherever I like, Malfoy"

He takes a step forward, and a hint of fear blossoms in the pit of her stomach.

"Okay, this is enough!" Theo steps between them, and Hermione is grateful for the intervention.

Malfoy sneers at her, and she sneers right back, before they continue towards North.

Day Five

"That old bat said that the first clue was going to be easy" Theo groans as he lands to the floor, gracelessly.

"There are a million trees in here" Hermione grounds out as she, too, slides to the ground beside Theo.

"And if we keep stopping like nutters, then we'll be searching for the tree and the tournament would be over" Malfoy butts in.

Git.

" There's something we're missing" she muses.

" Pray tell what, Granger?" Malfoy asks.