Chapter Twenty

"So the old bat just waltzed into my villa?" Draco scowls. "My wards wouldn't have allowed that."

"McGonagall is a perfectly capable witch, Draco," Theo drawls in response. "She traced one of our magical signatures and apparated right outside the anti-apparition wards."

Draco huffs out a breath, shaking his head.

"Care to tell me what's going on between you and Granger?" Theo asks slyly.

Draco glares at him and glances around to make sure Hermione hasn't returned from the bathroom.

"Nothing's going on," he replies. "Nothing official, really," he mutters.

"Oh," Theo narrows his eyes. "And just what do you mean by officially?"

"Drop it, Theo," Draco says with a tone of finality.

"No," Theo counters. "I've been living alone for all these days just so you could make a move. Now I have the right to know if you accomplished something, you git."

Draco glares at him. "Keep your voice low, Theo."

Just then, Hermione saunters into the alley, and changes her appearance back to normal. "What's cooking?" She asks them, noticing the look of curiosity on Theo's face.

"Draco here was just telling me about what you both had been up to behind my back," Theo drawls, gauging her reaction carefully.

Aha! He smirks inwardly when Hermione's cheeks turn red. Oh.

"We placed a tracking charm on Krum's wand. Malfoy here altered it a bit so if Krum goes near a portkey, Malfoy's wand will emit blue sparks."

"Oh really," Theo says, smirking at the scowling blond. "Well, that's brilliant. Let's sit and wait for Drakie Poo's wand to shoot out sparks," he mutters sarcastically.

"Who said anything about sitting and waiting?" Hermione asks, placing her hands on her hips. "We'll be disguising ourselves and then set out to look for the shoe."

"Are you sure it's a shoe?" Draco asks, speaking for the first time.

Hermione's stomach flip-flops and she grimaces. She really hated being so....easily.. affected.

"Pretty sure," she nods. "Let's have breakfast and then we can leave," she says, reaching inside her bag to grab an orange.

"Don't insult breakfast," Theo scowls, pulling out a pack of strawberries. "Merlin knows what I wouldn't do for a proper breakfast in bed."

Hermione's gaze flickers over to Draco, who quietly pulls out a green apple and begins to munch on it. His eyes lock onto hers and he raises an eyebrow, making her blush. She turns her head away. 

ooo

"Salazar's sake, Theo!" Draco hisses. "Stop looking for the god forsaken animal!"

"Hey!" Theo scowls back. "It's called a donkey, you know?" He runs a hand through his hair which actually wasn't his own hair. He had turned his hair black and unbelievably curly. He looked  an awful lot like Harry Potter, too. Yuck.

"Stop," Hermione turns her head around to glare at him. Even though she's wearing sunglasses, Theo felt her glare. Merlin, women are scary creatures.

A large iron gate grabs their attention, and Draco nods his affirmation when Hermione looks at him with a questioning upturn of her lips.

They enter through the gate and a muggle security guard holds his hand up to stop them. "Arms above your head," he says gruffly.

Theo swallows uneasily. He really did not like the look in the man's eyes. "Why?" Draco snarls. Hermione grabs his arm and smiles sweetly at him.
"Its a security check, honey," she digs her nails into his skin.