Chapter Thirty Two

It has been a while, hasn't it? 😬 Forgive me and enjoy the chapter x

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Well, are you sure it was him?" Ginny taps her foot impatiently as she stares at her shaken best friend.

"It was," Hermione says, swallowing. "He looks so much like Theo, Gin."

"And you're sure that you saw the real Nott with Malfoy?" She further questions.

"Positive," Hermione replies.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go and tell them!"

"Them?" Hermione stands up.

"Malfoy and Nott, obviously," Ginny says as she grabs her wand and tucks it inside her sleeve.

"Ginny, it's past curfew. And we do not need to tell them."

"Curfew doesn't apply to you. Now shush up and put your cloak on. It's freezing cold outside," Ginny gives her an overly sweet smile and Hermione rolls her eyes.

"What are we going to do?" She questions, but gets up to grab her cloak off the hanger.

"We're going to search the school," Ginny says with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Ginny," Hermione scolds. "You better have a plan. That guy could be an award-winning duelist for all we know."

Ginny clicks her tongue and gives her a disappointed look. "You're a war hero, Hermione Granger."

Hermione sighs and grabs her wand. "That title is heavier than anyone can ever know."

ooo

They'd been walking for a good half hour now. Ginny says she has a plan, but by the way they always end up in front of the stairs that lead towards the dungeons, Hermione seriously doubts that.

"What are we doing, Ginny?" Hermione whispers.

"Shhh," Ginny hushes and puts her finger up. "Someone's coming," she says, and waves her wand, casting a disillusionment charm. Hermione holds her breath as a dark figure ascends the stairs leading out of the dungeons. The figure looks around and then walks towards and into a classroom.

Ginny grabs her hand and ushers her forward. Hermione tries to squeeze back to warn her, but the redhead forces her forward and head towards the classroom.

"It's fine," Ginny breathes, noticing her sweaty palms.

They reach the classroom and peak inside. "It's Theo," Hermione whispers, her voice hitching a little.

"Yes, and that's Luna behind him," Ginny reassures her.

Hermione lets out a heavy exhale and moves away from the door.

"We aren't the only one's who were waiting for Theo to leave, Hermione," Ginny whispers. Hermione sucks in a sharp breath when a man who really could've been Theodore Nott steps out from behind an aclove and heads towards the dungeons.

Hermione's eyes widen and panic settles in her bones. "Draco," she whispers.

"Stay calm," Ginny squeezes her hand. "He's gonna be fine. Stay calm. Deep breaths."

Hermione nods and casts a silencio to mute the sounds of their footsteps. "Let's go," she says.

They both follow Theo's lookalike and barely make it inside the Slytherin common room before the door shuts. Hermione's palms begin to sweat. This is it. They both give each other nods of reassurance and continue up the stairs, towards the rooms.