Chapter Thirteen

A short, filler chapter. Next chapter *might* be a little interesting.

"A shoe," Draco says. It isn't a question.

"Yes," she nods. "I've been thinking about it, and the only answer that makes sense is a shoe"

Theo snorts. "You do realise that we're already wearing our shoes, right?"

"Yes," she replies. "But it doesn't have to be one of our shoes"

"Fuck," Theo scowls and pulls at his hair. "This is ridiculous. Now we have to go back to that bloody town and touch every shoe we find?" He scoffs.

Hermione rolls her eyes. "Don't be so melodramatic, Theo. We'll get there"

"Krum did it," Draco breathes, as if he just realised something.

"Did what?" She asks, frowning slightly.

"Those panic attacks!" Malfoy exclaims.

"What?" She's thoroughly confused.

"That girl!" Theo yells, his eyes wide.

"Yes, that fucking girl!" Draco snarls.

Both of them were having a secret conversation and Hermione felt very much out of place.

She puffs out her cheeks and explodes," will you both mind telling me what's going on?"

"Yes, we will mind," Theo shrugs her off as he continues to think for details.

"Theodore Nott," Hermione hisses.

"Claudia," Draco says.

She turns around and faces him, her eyes wide. "What about her?"

"I'm positive Krum sent her," Draco replies. "She's the one who did something to cause those panic attacks"

Hermione bit her lower lip. "There's nothing that could-"

Draco's glare shuts her up. "It's not necessary that you know about everything, Hermione."

Her breath catches in her throat.

Hermione.

It's the first time he has said it to her face. The first time he has referred to her by her own name in front of her.

She bites her tongue to keep herself from grinning like a madman.

When she looks at Theo, he smirks at her.

"You're right," she says.

Draco's eyes widen, mocking her. But she doesn't care. She's too happy to care.

"What did you say?" He asks.

"I said you're right," she blushes.

"Well, that's a first. Hermione Granger admitting she's wrong. This should make it to the headlines." he smirks at her.

Hermione.

This time, she doesn't hold it back and grins like a madman. 

"Let's get back to the topic at hand  shall we?" Theo interrupts, grinning.

"Yes," she replies, tucking a stray curl behind her ear.

"Okay, so why would Krum do that? What could he possibly gain by triggering our panic attacks?" Theo questions, tapping his index finger on his chin.

Hermione wracks her brain to come up with an answer, but all she can hear is 'Hermione'.

"Oh, this is ridiculous," she mutters under her breath.