Chapter Seven

A/N: Please review to feed the muse ;)

Day Seventeen

Malfoy comes out of the room, his bag thrown over his shoulder, his shoe laces tied.

" Let's go," he announces.

" Where?" She asks.

Theo looks between both of them, his expression stoic.

Malfoy's jaw twitches. " Theo, where's the clue card?" He ignores her.

Her nostrils flare. " I have the clue card. Now, where are you going?"

Malfoy looks at Theo as he answers. "We are going, Granger. Not just me"

She narrows her eyes at them both.

"You cannot leave me alone. That's against the rules! "

He looks at her then, his eyes swirling with different emotions before the mask is back on. "I never said anything about leaving you alone," he says.

She swallows.

"Then where are we going?"

"This isn't a fucking picnic, Granger. We can't stay here."

"But then where will we go?"

"We'll walk." He says.

Theo's brow hikes up.

"Walk?" She asks incredulously.

"Yes" Malfoy looks at her, his brow rising, daring her to argue.

But she's Hermione Granger.

"You can't be serious, Malfoy"

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

"Theo," She helplessly turns towards the brown haired man.

Theo raises his hands in surrender.
"Don't look at me."

Hermione huffs. "Please think logically, Malfoy. We have no idea as to what the clue points towards!"

Malfoy doesn't look at her and his shoulders slump a bit. Just a tiny bit.

And she knows she has won.

Knowing not to push her luck, She silently makes her way over to the four seater dinning table, and pulls out the clue card from her bag.

Theo whistles as he slides into the chair beside her. They both turn to look at Malfoy, inviting him silently.

"Fuck this," the blond says as he drops his bag and makes his way over to them. A flutter of her heart, and he sits down on the chair opposite to her own.

"Okay. " Theo claps his hands together.

"Lets go over the clue again, shall we?"

Hermione slides the clue card over to him and he clears his throat as he begins to read.

"Has a tongue but never talks, has no legs but sometimes walks"

Hermione bites her lower lip.

"I honestly don't know what the stupid Ministry was thinking." Theo snarls.

Malfoy drums his fingers against the hard wood of the table, his fingers contrasti- Hermione tears her gaze away from his long, slender fingers and fixes it on Theo's face.

Theo smirks at her as if he knows and she shakes her head at him, glaring half heartedly.

***

It is late at night when there is a knock on the door and the three of them sit upright, startled.