Chapter Fourteen

Dedicated to IAmVeryLoud001 . I love you x

Day Twenty Five

The sun was rising like a flower blooming on a beautiful spring day, and the sky was grey with thick layers of passing clouds.

Hermione feels an odd sort of satisfaction as she stares at the rising sun while standing with the man she has grown to love so much. Glancing towards her side, she studies his face in this golden hour.

His pointy nose and chin are tinted red, his lashes fluttering as he blinks. There's a slight stubble on his jaw, and she thinks he looks more handsome this way. His startling grey eyes are focused on a point above her head, and his throat bobs as he swallows.

"Granger," he says, his voice raspy and filled with sleep.

"Malfoy," she whispers, transfixed.

He looks at her then, and squints.

"Granger, snap out of it," he snaps his fingers in front of her face and she jerks back to reality.

"What?" She almost scowls at him, but stops because it was her fault. She wasn't paying attention.

The alley feels too narrow now, and he feels too near. His breath fans her face as he whispers," Look behind you" and she almost closes her eyes and hums in contentment.

Instead, she carefully turns around, and barely stifles a gasp. The Durmstrang Trio is standing right where the alley begins. And Viktor Krum almost looks at her. Almost.

She turns towards Draco and his eyes are wide. At first she thinks he's afraid that Krum might recognise them, but this changes as soon as she sees him clutching his wand tightly in his hand.

"Malfoy," she whispers fiercely.

He ignores her, and continues to glare daggers at Krum.

"Malfoy, stop," she hisses. "He might see you."

"Good, because that's exactly what I want," he snarls and makes to push past her, but she grabs his shoulders and pushes him back. He trips over a discarded container of juice and his back hits the wall. Her hands still on his shoulders, she collapses against his chest with a thump.

Thump thump thump

The sound continues, but it's her heart this time. Her fingers are frozen on his shoulders and she's not even breathing.

"Fuck," she hears Draco hiss, and then feels him lowering his head. She pulls in a deep gulp of air, her heart thundering inside her chest.

His hands snake around her waist, and she curses herself for wearing so much clothing, and then she's completely engulfed by his arms. She lifts her head a little, careful not to look at him in the eye, and follows what he's doing by wrapping her arms around his neck. She grabs the hood of his robe and pulls it over his head.

He exhales a shaky breath, and lowers his face, resting it in the crook of her neck. Hermione involuntarily wiggles her neck a bit just to get her scarf out of the way, and to feel his breath on her skin. And boy, she does!

His lips, his oh so soft lips, are resting on the spot just beneath her ear, and she releases a breath that she's been holding. It comes out shaky and broken like a laugh breaks through sobs.

She wills herself to relax against him, and closes her eyes. One of his hands travels up her spine, and towards her head. He runs his fingers through her curls once, twice, and then flattens his palm at the back of her head- probably to hide her unmistakable curls. And by Merlin, she had never been more grateful for her unique hair.