Two

I woke up around 7:30 to get ready for the neighbors. I wore a jean skirt and a red and yellow striped turtleneck. I put on my black vans and went downstairs.

I started to bake my homemade double chocolate chip cookies. "Astrid? What are you doing." My brother Ambrose asked walking down the stairs. I shh him. "I'm making my famous homemade cookie." I whispered to him. "Can I have the leftover dough?" He said giving me puppy dog eyes." I was actually putting the cookies in the oven. "Take it kid." I gave him the bowl. I put the timer on for 15 minuets.

I when outside to clean up the yard. Just the little things like setting up the table and what not.

"And there." I said putting the last touch to the table. I also had just amount of time to get the cookies out too! I placed them on a cooling rack. I did all my work. My dad came home with some food. "Ash hey are coming over in 4 hours." My dad smiled.

———————

I waited on the porch. It felt like hours. But they did come over. A mom, dad and three kids walked over. I noticed one of the kids....... was Kirk. "Hello and welcome Hammetts!" I smiled shaking everyone's hand. When I shook Kirks hand we locked eyes. "I remember you." He said. "I do too." I replied. I walked them inside.

Ambrose and Agnes were all dolled up. Mom was wearing her Sunday best and dad looked like dad. "Hello Mr and Mrs Hammett!" My mother said shaking both of there hands. "Hello Mrs. Marshall thank you for inviting us over!" Mrs Hammett smiled. I whispered to Kirk. "Follow me." And we went to the backyard.

We got to the backyard. We had a double swing set so we sat there. "So Astrid, where are you from?" Kirk said as we started to swing. "Salt Lake City." I said. He stopped his swing. "Holy shit." He said. I stopped too. "My father got a job in some office around here." I squeaked. Kirk laughed. I raised a eyebrow. "Your voice just sounded like a mouse." He laughed. "Rude." I giggled.

We just talked what seemed like hours. Then Agnes came outside. "Kirk Ash dinner is ready!" She smiled We couldn't have been outside for that long could we? "That's your sister?" Kirk asked. "Yeah we don't look like sisters though." Agnes said. Ambrose and Agnes have blonde hair and blue eyes while I have Black hair and hazel eyes

——————————

"Thanks for having us over." Mrs Hammett said. "Thanks!" Tracy and Rick, Kirks siblings smiled. "Bye!" I said waving. As they left my mom had a look of relief on her face. "Well Guys I think that was successful." She smiled. "That's good!" I agreed. I went up to bed. "School starts Monday." I thought as I changed into my pjs. I looked out my window. "Hey Kirk!"I said to him. I didn't realize he only had boxers on again. He looked at me realizing the same thing and grabbed a blanket. "What the hell are you looking at Astrid?" He said. I laughed. "Just wanted to say hi!" I blushed. "Well school starts on Monday" He said. "Good night then." I smiled. "Night." He said. A little smirk formed on his face. I pulled the curtains. "Well hopefully the first day of school is successful." I yawned. I got on my bed and just stared at the wall. I couldn't sleep probably because of school.