Thirteen

I look outside my window. The rain pouring down. Kirk was sound asleep. I knew I wasn't planning on going to school so I pulled an all nighter.

I looked like a train wreck. My hair was so messy and my face was dirty. I haven't shower is 4 days. I feel gross but I literally couldn't get myself up. But after a while I did.

I went to the shower and turned on the water. I needed to wash myself. I sat in the bath tub with my bathing suit on. Don't ask. I curled up into a ball.

This past month has been hell. Nancy has been coming to my house to harass me. Can't she get over the fact that I'm dating Kirk. My mom has been getting worst. Like, she's been drinking behind my fathers back. She's been taking her anger out on Agnes. I feel horrible because I didn't realize that.

I heard a knock on the door. "Astrid?" I heard Agnes say. "Kid yo-" "I'm not going to school. They would call CPS on us." She said. She grabbed my hand. "Come on let's fix you up." She said smiling. Her eye was black and blue but not swollen. "Ambrose had to go to school." I cried. "He's fine. I promise." She said taking me to her bedroom.

"Sis.. you're gonna have short hair." She sighed snipping my hair with her scissors. My hair went down to my butt. She had to cut it to my shoulders. It took me years to grow my hair out. "I'm sorry." I whispered to her. "Don't be."

She double dutch braided my hair. "Now let's fix your face." She giggled. She went to get a wash cloth. "She shouldn't be doing this. She's 3 years younger than me." I said aloud. I look d in the mirror. My hair looked so much better. "I'm back did you miss me?" She said holding a cloth and a dish with warm water.

She scrubbed my face. "You're dirty!" She laughed. After she washed my face she put face wash on me. "Now you're a pretty princess." She said. She grabbed my hand and ran to my room.

"On Friday you're going on a date with Kirk!" She said. "That's.. wait WHAT?" I said. "Um yeah." She giggled. "No no no I can't I'm a mess." "That's why the date is on Friday silly." I rolled my eyes.

I mean I should talk to him more. He is my boyfriend. Agnes got me a dress, jean jacket and slip on Nike shoes. "Now you look like you're a queen!" She said hugging tightly. "Thank little sis." I smiled I looked like my old self. That was crazy. Well my hair wasn't the same but that does matter.

It was around 7:30 at night. I was alone in my room. I opened the window and yelled to Kirk. "Hey love bug!" I smirk. "Ash I was about to ask you if you're free on Friday." I smiled "Yeah I'm free." I said as we started to talk the night away.