Fourteen

The bell rung and I walked home . Only 2 hours until Kirk and I go on our date. I looked really nice. Well a lot of people have been telling me that. "I'm happy you're better." Beth said. I smiled at her. "Me too." I was wearing jeans with a nice blouse. My hair was down and curly. I didn't know my hair could have gotten that curly.

We were talking down the street , when out the corner of my eye. I saw Kirk. "Hey love bug." I said as he came over to hug me. He kiss me on the cheek. "See you in two hours." He whispered to my ear. And  Beth and I walked home.

I straighten my hair and picked out a nice outfit. A simple red dress with matching low converse. "Dad I'm heading out!" I said hugging him tightly. Agnes winked. "See you later loser." I smirked

I opened the door to see Kirk standing like a dummy with flowers. "Hey Ash." He said handing me the flowers. "Hey." I blushed smelling them. I smelt the flowers as we headed out to dinner.

As we walked our hands intertwined. "I love you." He said kissing my cheek. "I love you too. Thank you for bringing me on this date." I blushed. "You're welcome." He smiled.

He took me to an old 50s theme diner. We took are seats and a nice waitress came and took our order. "Hello welcome to The Diner. What would you like sugar." She said. "Can I have chocolate chip pancakes?" I said. "And can I have a ham sandwich." He said. "Of course love! I'll be back in a bit to check on y'all." She said.

"So how have you been?" He asked playing footies with me under the table. "Better, but it's still hell to be honest." I sighed holding his hand tightly. "Who hurt you?" "What?" "Who hurt you? You're a bubbly girl and always happy. I know people can't be like that 24/7 but you've been so depressed." I looked out the window trying to put my sentence together. "Nancy..." was the only word I could spit out. Kirks face went from worried to pissed. "God damn it. I told her to leave you alone." He said. "Please don't do anything." I squeaked out. "I promise."

The waitress gave us our food. I dunged in. Kirk just slowly ate his sandwich. I was so hungry. "You're hungry." He smirked.

We walked to the beach and got ice cream. Then I looked at him "Boardwalk?" I said. "Yeah." He smirked. As we got to the boardwalk we stared at the ocean. The salty air filled our lungs The waves sounded like thunder hitting the boardwalk. I looked at him. A smirk formed on my face. "So love you have any plans for later tonight." I said in a promiscuous tone. He looked at me "Ummmm." He said red in the face. I giggled.  "You're too cute." I held his hand. I kissed his cheek.

We walked a bit more when we saw a beach party going on. "Let's go!" I said running to the noise.

The first song we heard was "Dancing Queen." I started to bust a few moves. Then me and this girl got into a dance off. Everyone was clapping was we were having fun. "I'm Alice how about you?" The girl said. "Oh I'm Astrid." I smiled.

After Alice and I had a nice chat I jumped into Kirks arms. "Okay kids to end this fun Friday we're playing a slow song." The dj said "We're going to play a classic now all of you get that special something." He said as "My Girl." Started playing. "So um." Kirk couldn't make up a sentence but I knew he wanted to dance. I put his hands on my hips and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Shh." I said softly. We dance as the sun was setting. It felt like a movie ending. This this moment I was his girl. It felt like the world was on our side. I've been going to hell and back these past months but tonight....everything's okay.