Twelve

Kirks POV

Astrid has been acting different and I don't know why. She's making me worried sick about her. She hasn't come over in a while and when I see her she looks sick, really pale and her hair is falling out. My poor baby.

It was Sunday January 7th 1979. I went over to go check on Ash. I knocked on the door to find Agnes opening it. "I'm the only on here, everyone else is out for Sunday Brunch." She sighed. She looked up at me and I saw a bruise on her eye, and her dress was torn. "Are you okay?" I asked. She walked inside gesturing me to follow her. "Let me change." She said pointing at the couch.

She was changed into her softball clothes. "Don't you have other clothes?" I asked. "No all my clothes are really dirty. My mom doesn't clean my clothes for some reason." She sighed. I frowned. The poor girl. "I can clean them if you want?" "Yes please." She said very quickly.

We walked to my house. "Mr Kirk there's something wrong with my sister." She said  "what do you mean." "Mr Kirk, Astrid is going into a deep depression, she stopped doing a lot of things that she liked. Like she barely goes to basketball practice and ended one relationship with her best friend Louise." She sighed. My heart sank. "Yeah, mom hasn't been the nicest and Ambrose is also struggling too." "Why are you not at Sunday brunch." "Because apparently I embarrassed my mom my shooting spitballs at the priest." She giggled. "Oooh." I laughed. I went upstairs and found my sisters old shirt and shorts. "Agnes you can wear this." I smiled throwing them to her. Like a softball, she caught it with no problem.

After she got changed she ran down the stairs. In a hopeful tone she said"Mr Kirk I have an idea!"  I looked at her. "What is it?" "You should do something with Astrid! Like you know go on a date!" She giggled. That's actually not a bad idea. "What else should I do?" "Give her love!" She smiled I gave her a Cookie. "What?" "You know kiss her." Then it all clicked.  "Thanks kid!" I said hugging her tightly. "No problem. Can you take me to softball practice?" "Sure." I said and she got ready for softball.