Nine

I sat on her bed as Beth gave me an ice pack. "Nancy is a cunt anyways." She said cleaning the blood off my face. I put the ice pack on my jaw. "Everything was perfect." I sighed to her. "It still is." She smiled. "I'll go call Kirk." She ran down the stairs. "Fuck I don't want him to see me like this." I whispered softly to myself.

After five minutes Kirk came up the stairs and saw me. I started to cry as he ran up to me. "Princess who hurt you." He said as he wiped the tears from my face. "N-no one." I lied as I hugged him tightly. He started to play with my hair. "That's a lie." He said wrapping a strand of my hair around his finger. I looked up at him. "You're still beautiful to me." He kissed my forehead. I noticed a mirror and concentrated at it.

My eye was still black and blue from field hockey. My right cheek was swollen and my bottom lip was also swollen. My makeup was running and my hair was messy. "You're a liar." I said to him with a half smile. "Beth I'm taking Astrid to my place." He said as he picked me up bride style and walked to his house.

He laid me on his bed with him laying down too. "Talk to me." He said drawing shapes on my tummy. "I just look like a monster." I sighed. "Looks shouldn't mean anything, you're beautiful on the inside." He smiled. "Kirk I love you." I finally said to him. His face lit up like a firework. "You finally said it." He giggled like an idiot. I sat up right and made him move is head to my lap. I started playing with his hair and he soon after fell asleep.

After 2 hours I headed home. I came home. My mom was passed out on the floor. "Hey sweet pea." My dad said. "Woah what happen?" He asked as I put my backpack away. "Nothing." I mumble. "You got a letter in the mail." He smiled handing it to me. "Where Agnes?" I asked with a hint of worry in my tone. "Softball." He said. I could tell he was scared of mom finding out .

I ran upstairs and sat on my bed. I took a letter opener and slowly open it. I read it aloud.

Dear Astrid,
You're invited to my birthday. It's just a small get together nothing big. Please tell me by the 22nd of October.
With love
Kirk

A huge smile formed on my face. "I have to tell him tomorrow." I hugged the letter.