Chapter Nine

"Wake up, Adolpha," Boromir said rousing me up from my sleep. "It's a new day." I slowly rubbed my eyes and nodded. I got out of the bed and joined him and the rest of the Fellowship in getting ready.

"Are you feeling better?" Aragorn asks me, his eyes kind when he saw me.

"Much," I smiled as I put on my green cloak.

Footsteps caused me to look up, and I saw Legolas enter into the room from the long stairs above us.

"We are wanted by the Lady Galadriel," he said standing in front of us. I nodded, and we were all ready in less than a minute.

Galadriel was waiting by three boats along with Celeborn and many other elves. When we arrived elves came up and put cloaks on us, except for myself, they just gave me the beautiful green leaf pin seeing that I had my own cloak.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes," Celeborn said once the cloaks were fastened to ourselves.

I smiled at this and watched as Galadriel came forth and began to hand out gifts to us, starting with Legolas.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin," she said handing him the lovely bow. Legolas held it in wonder and carefully ran his hand along with the grain of the wood as if he thought it would crumble in his fingers.

Galadriel then turned to Merry and Pippin, handing them each a finely made daggers. "These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war," she said as the two unsheathed the two daggers. Pippin gave a doubtful look which only caused Galadriel to smile. "Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage."

She then turned to Sam. "And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of hithlain," she said handing him the silver rope.

Sam smiled up at Galadriel, but I could tell that he was slightly disappointed. "Thank you, my lady. Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?" he asked, but Galadriel only smiled.

She then turned to me, her eyes staring into mine. "Adolpha," she began, "I give to you the armor of Gunnolf Silentshadow." She reached forward and handed me thick leather armor. I reached forward and held it in my hands. Wonder filled me as I recognized the elaborate designs across it.

"I thought our armor was lost with our people," I replied. 

"What's so special about it?" Pippin asked walking up to look at my gift.

"It's the armor of one of our Great Heros, Pip. Shapeshifter armor is special because it can be worn in both of our forms," I explained to the small hobbit before looking up. "How did you get this?"

Galadriel only smiled and looked towards Gimli. "And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?" she asked.

Gimli looked up at her kindly. "Nothing. Except to look upon the lady of the Galadhrim one last time, for she is fairer than all the jewels beneath the earth." Galadriel laughs, and Gimli is about to turn away, but he seems to remember something. "Actually, there was one thing," he said, but he then silently scolded himself. "No, no, I couldn't. It's quite impossible. Stupid to ask..."

Galadriel smiled and then turned to Aragorn and touched the necklace he always wears. " I have nothing greater to give than the gift you already bear," she smiled before changing languages to Elvish. 'For her love, the grace of Arwen Evenstar will diminish.'

'I would have her leave these shores, and be with her people,' Aragorn replied, but I couldn't help but notice how he stood a little less straight speaking those words and how sorrow came to his eyes. 'I would have her take the ship to Valinor.'