Chapter One - Heartbroken

Sebastian POV~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I woke up like any other day. I could already hear the slight chatter of the rest of the group. Next to me slept my true love, they were snuggled up in some blankets. I quickly got up and started to get dressed. The sleepyhead was still tucked in bed. I slightly shook them, trying to get them to open their eyes. They turned to their side and grunted at me. I sighed and walked out of the tent.

"Fine," I said out loud, "but if you aren't up soon I'll come back and pour cold water all over you."

I continued walking until I reached the food tent. Inside was Bard, the explosive man, trying to cook some breakfast. He was muttering to himself, I could hear small slivers of what he was saying.

"Need some help," I asked.

He looked up from where he was previously looking and stared at me.

"Yeah, I could use some bloody help," he answered back, a smile on his lips.

I walked up to him and together we started to fix up some breakfast. When we were done we got it into the area where the rest of the group was. About 20 hungry people walked up and started to grab some of the steaming food. I looked around and still didn't see my love. I quickly shook it off. She must be tired from the traveling we had done in the last few days. I quickly grabbed some food and went to sit down and eat. I ate my food and continued to the tent. Everyone was practicing as I walked in. She must be in here I thought, she had never been late to a practice. My crimson eyes scanned the room, but I saw no sign of her. Worried, I hurried back to the tent. I walked in and saw a made bed. On the neatly made bed was a note. I picked up the piece of paper and started to unfold it. I soon recognized the writing and continued to read it.

"Dearest Sebastian,

            I am leaving. I am getting tired of Circus life and wish to do other things. I will miss you all dearly, but it is time for me to move on. There is nothing here to keep me here, so it is time to depart. Best of luck with the Circus, I know it makes you very happy. I hope to see you all again, in this life or the next.Best of wishes,                         

Mari"

I stared at the note and reread it. I could feel the smallest of tears coming to my eyes. I wiped them away and stared at the note again. 'Why would she leave us? She said she loved us. She said she loved Me. I guess it was all a lie.' I breathed in and crumpled up the paper. I set it down and sat in the bed. I looked down at my hands and felt tears drip onto my hands. I furiously wiped away the tears. 'You know what? I'm not going to cry over this. I have a Circus to take care of, and they are the people I need to think about.' I smiled, knowing I had plenty of people that I loved and who loved me. Then a sudden thought came into my head,' Who is going to fill in the empty spot? Without her, we are an act short, and I am a partner short.' I frowned at the thought then a smile appeared on my lips. 'I'll just have to find a new member for the group!' I got off the bed and headed towards the tent. I entered and saw everyone practicing. I walked up to two of my closest family members, Finny and Bard. Finny was lifting heavy weights as a strong man should. Bard was looking at a piece of paper, probably planing the explosions and fireworks for the end of the show.

"Okay you two, you're coming with me," I said, they both looked up at me.

"What's wrong," asked Finny, as he set down the heavyweight he had in his hands not but a moment ago.

"We are to go looking for a new member for our circus," I said, instantly getting a look of confusion for the two in front of me.

"Why are we looking for a new member," asked Bard, as Finny nodded his head in agreement.

"We just lost a member... Mari," I said the last part quietly, still slightly upset from her leaving.

Both looked up in sadness, I could see the tears shining their eyes. I knew the two were really close friends with Mari.

"Oh Sebastian," Finny said with a gentle voice," are you okay?"

"Yes, I am fine," I answered, trying to sound as monotone as possible.

They both stared at me until I gave them an "I'm truly fine'  look. Then they dropped it.

"Oh Sebastian, why are we coming with you," asked Bard as we got back on track.

"I want you two to come with me and look for a new addition to the group," I spoke back in a matter-to-fact voice.

They both nodded their heads.

"When do we leave," asked Finny as he tilted his head to the side.

"Right now," I answered as I started to walk out of the tent.

They chased after me as we started to get on some of the show horses and headed towards the closest town. After a few minutes, we arrived in a small town. It was now time to start our search.

—————————————————

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I am going to try to post as soon as possible! I hope you enjoy the rest of the book! Bye!!