Chapter Nine - Find them

~Ciel POV~

+++++++++++++++++++++

Warmth, it surrounds me. I feel so warm and cozy. I open my eyes and see an orange glow filling the tent. My mind feels hazy. I turn around and see myself staring straight into someone's chest. I try to jerk away. Then I realize their arms are wrapped around my waist. I freeze for a second. I am so lost. 'Where am I? What happened? What time is it? Why am I here?...' Millions of thoughts bounce around in my head. I finally look up and feel my heart skip a beat. In front of me is Sebastian, fast asleep. I feel a warm blush wash over my whole face. I try to get out of his grip. I can feel my heart beating loudly in my chest. I don't want him to wake up and see me. I stop for a second. 'Wait... Why are we in this position? Did we both just fall asleep and this happened on accident? Or did he do this?... Did I do this?!' I feel more blush warm my face. What if I did this?!?! What if I said something I wouldn't say if I was awake?! I put both my hands on his chest and try to squirm out of his grasp. I am almost loose when he pulls me back into his chest. He places his chin on the top of my head. I am facing his chest, and I am a blushing mess. His arms tighten around my waist. I sit still, I don't know what to do now. I just start listening to his heartbeat. Then suddenly I am hit with a realization. That dream was the night of the fire. I just relived the whole thing, but before that dream, I couldn't remember anything really. 'Why could I remember all of that? I especially don't remember that person being nice to me... What is going on? After such a long time of not remembering anything, now I know everything. What is happening?' Question upon question pops into my head. I continue to think until I feel the bed creak. I close my eyes and pretend to sleep. I hear Sebastian yawn and feel him take away an arm so he can rub the sleepiness out of his eyes. I open my eyes just a bit, so I can see him. I watch as he is about to get out of bed. He suddenly stops and looks at me. A smile grows onto his face. He lays back down and wraps his arms around me. He puts his nose in my hair and speaks quietly.

"Sleep well, little lamb."

He is still for a few moments then his breathing slows. His heartbeat gains a simple rhythm.

Thump......Thump......Thump......

I continue listening until I feel my vision fade. I fall into unconsciousness. I dream, and it is unlike the first dream. All I see is pitch dark and a spinning star symbol. 'It looks a lot like the one on my eye.' Suddenly, a bright white light shines. When it clears there is another star symbol. It is floating right next to mine. It takes me a minute, but I soon gasp. 'That must be the symbol on the person's hand!' Realization hits me like a bullet. 'That means that the person who saved me has that symbol on their hand!' I feel excitement rush through me as I realize that. 'That will help me find them!!' I feel myself smile as I now know more about how I can find them. The dream starts to flicker.' I must be waking up.' Everything goes red and my eyes open. I am still in bed. Sebastian is fast asleep next to me. His grip is almost completely loose. I slowly wiggle out of his grasp and stand up. I grab my shoes and put them on. I look back at him and see his sleeping face. He looks at peace, but he is so pale that he looks dead. As soon as that thought enters my head I shut it out. 'Don't think about that!!' I turn away, looking towards the tent entrance. I walk out of the tent and look around. The sun is in the center of the sky. I look up and decide to wander around. I turn to the left and walk down the small pathway. I face the brightly blazing sun. I continue until I am in front of a dark forest. I look back and see the sun about to fully go down. I turn to the forest and approach with caution. Tall trees tower around me as I walk down the root-filled path. Darkness fills the space as the sun finally disappears. I see the ending of the forest. I walk to an area with a cliff. I stand at the edge, watching the stars that shine in the clear sky. I feel the wind blow lightly, my hair brushing against my face. I take a step forward and hear a branch break behind me. I turn around quickly, knife in hand. I see a figure standing in the shadows. I get in a fighting stance and stare at them.

"Leave now, or I will attack," I growl.

They take a step forward and I tense. 'Why couldn't they just leave?'

/////////////////////////////////////

A/N Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I might not be able to update that much. I have just started school again. I will try to update as quickly as I can! Thanks to all of you for the support!! I hope you're enjoying the book!! Bye!!

-A short stack of pancakes 😁