Chapter Five - Cannot Love

A/N Thanks for all the name suggestions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Ciel POV~

—————————————————

'It's time to show them all that I can do.' That single thought kept bouncing through my head. I know they all must be extremely good, so I have to show them I am worth being kept. I must prove that I am worth something. Before I knew it I was at the top of the ladder, the tightrope spread out in front of me. I looked down to see the group staring up at me. I took a deep breath and put my arms slightly out. I walked normally for a second, then I started the real show. I did a cartwheel and landed perfectly. I heard a few gasps from them as I did a backflip. I then stood on one hand and bent my feet forward. I did an air split and bent my feet backward. My feet hit the rope and I stood up. I heard some louder gasps and a few claps. I ran for a second and did a back handspring. I landed on one foot, but I stayed perfectly still. I did another handstand and started walking on my hands, putting one hand in front of the other. I looked down and saw that I was right on top of the rest of the Circus. I bent my feet towards the rope and stood up. I turned to the side and did a cartwheel. I ended it perfectly and started to run towards the end of the rope. Once I got close I jumped and did a flip in midair. I landed and stood still for a moment. Then an explosion of claps and whistles shook the air itself. I saw all of them clapping and cheering for me. I felt a bit of stress leave me. The best thing of all? I felt accepted for the first time in forever.

"Okay, Okay. Why don't you show them the other thing you can do," spoke Sebastian.

He also had a huge smile on his face and was looking at me. I felt a blush glow across my face. 'Why am I blushing? He only looked at me!' I shake my head, trying to clear my head. I think about climbing down, I start towards the latter until something catches my eye. A trampoline is pretty close by. I turn to face it, I can hear the group start whispering and asking if I'm okay. I take a few steps back. I start running forward and jump. I hear loud gasps from the others. I feel the air rushing through my hair, my hair rushing up exposing my eyepatch more. My feet hit the trampoline and bounce into the air. I move forward and land gracefully on the ground. The sound of feet floods my hearing. 

"Are you okay," asks Elizabeth, obviously worried.

"That was amazing," says Bard, little stars in his eyes.

The rest of the group is either impressed or worried if I'm okay.

"I'm fine, but thanks for your concerns," I say, a small smile gracing my lips.

I look up and see them staring at me again. I sigh inwardly. 'What is with people and staring at me when I smile,' I ask myself.

"Okay, time to show you some knife throwing," I say, trying to get them to stop staring at my smile.

I see some of them nod while others are still lost in their own thoughts. I sigh again and walk towards my bag. I look in and grab my knives.

"Okay, so I have a volunteer in the audience," I ask, pretending it's a real show.

I look at the Circus members and wait for someone to walk forward or raise a hand. A second later a hand raised.

"Okay, you in the back with the audience. With the white shelve," I said, watching as the walked through the group. It was... Alois? He had a huge smile on his face. He stuck out his tongue and walked towards me.

"Please go stand in front of that target," I told him.

He obeyed and walked in front of it. I walked a few feet away from him when a good distance away I turned towards him. 'This is something none of them have seen, even Sebastian.'. I ran turns Alois and throw the knife. It embedded in the board, extremely close to his ear. The group gasped and Alois flinched ever so much. I walked back, this time doing a cartwheel. As soon as I ended the cartwheel I threw the knife. It dug itself in the wood right above Alois's head. I continued doing flips and acrobatics while throwing my knives. I finished and again, a loud eruption of applause and whistles sounded out. I hope I really impressed them. Alois walked back towards the group, he seemed a little shaken up but okay. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Sebastian, he was giving me a big smile. I felt butterflies in my stomach and a light blush appear on my face. 'What is this feeling?' I look up at him, studying his face for a moment, then he speaks.

"That was great," he exclaims." You didn't do that in the town!"

He continued smiling at me then looks me in the face, I spy a slight blush on his face.

"You know, you are really impressive," he says looking me in the eye. "Can't wait to see what more you can do. Welcome, Ciel, to the Magic Fire Circus!~ I'm glad you're here."

I feel blush explode on my face. He blushes more then walks away. 'Why am I blushing so much!! And why did he blush while saying that? This feeling is it... No. I can't feel this way. If I get attached it may disappear, just like everything I have loved. I won't let myself hurt any more people!!'

—————————————————

Sorry, that took so long to post. I will write again soon! Thanks for reading!!!! I'll try my best to keep posting soon! Bye!!!

~Author😁