Chapter Twelve - Breaking

Ciel POV~
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I felt groggy as the sun shined into my eyes. I open my eyes and feel the warmth of the glowing sun. I sit up and rub my eyes. That's when the stinging pain hits me. It put my hand over my eye. It felt as though pins were being stuck into my eyes. It passed into my brain and sent me into a stinging headache. I tried to wait out the pain, sitting and hoping it would pass soon. It, lucky did, much to my happiness. I scan my surroundings. I was happy with the familiar surrounding of Sebastian's tent. I shifted slightly and felt the weight on my back. I peered up and Sebastian in front of me, his arm resting on my back. I easily wiggle out of his grasp, unlike many other times. I step onto the floor. I patter over to the flap of the tent. (A/N Is the flap of a tent the entrance or the exit? Sorry that was just on my mind😂). I look up to see the sun just beginning to rise up into the sky. I hear the rustling of leaves and quickly look behind me. I tense up a bit, but quickly relax once I realize who it is. 'Finny'. He looks at me with a bright smile.

"Ciel," he calls excitedly.

He runs over to me and smiles once again. I look up at him, a gentle smile showing.

"Good morning Finny. What are you up to," I ask.

He looks at me, calm turquoise eyes glancing down into mine.

"I should be asking you the same thing," he exclaims.

I turn my head in confusion. He closes his eyes tight and lets out a loud sigh. He opens his eyes again and points his finger at me.

"You and Sebastian missed dinner last night," he answers. "You weren't in your tent. We were worried for a long time."

I sigh slightly. 'What should I tell him? To tell the truth, I don't remember what really happened yesterday.' I look up quickly preparing my answer.

"Oh, I'm very sorry," I say, bowing slightly. "I wandered into the forest and was looking at the stars. Later Sebastian came to take me back, but we somehow we both fell asleep there for a while."

I hate to lie. They did it a lot. But I don't really remember, and what I do I would rather want to scare Finny with. He looks at me and nods. His smile returns to his lips and he hums a little.

"Okay, I bet you both fell asleep while watching the stars," Finny giggles.

I nod. I let out a quiet sigh. Through the years I have learned to lie rather well. Not something I am very proud of, but it is rather helpful to me. He quickly looks down at me and smiles.

"I bet you're hungry," he bursts out. "Come on, let's go get you some breakfast!"

He grabs my ice-cold hand. He starts to drag me off towards the food tent. My mind once again drifts to my father. His warm hand... Why did it have to go cold? I sigh and feel despair fall over me like a net. I let it fill me. 'What is the reason to fight it? It's not like it will leave forever.' Darkness starts to flood the bright morning. The only thing keeping me attached is the warm hand. The hand that was taken away. My body feels weak... My mind feels broken... Like it will shatter if you let even a single breathe touch it... Broken... 

Breaking...Shadows...Disappear...Gone...

'You will be gone'

.................................................

Hello Readers!😊 Hope you liked the chapter! I will try to update sooner!!😅 Thanks for all the lovely support and for reading. Bye!~

~This Slow Child😅