Chapter Eight - Dream of the Past

~Ciel POV~

+++++++++++++++++++

I feel my mind floating. 'I must be asleep.' All I see us an inky blackness all around me. I stare ahead until the light is in front of me. A warm fireplace is burning brightly, familiar fancy chairs are placed perfectly around the room. Three people were in the room; a woman with blonde hair, who is sitting next to a tall man with raven black hair. Lastly is the young child with blue hair and light blue eyes. 'I remember that person... it's me... well, an older shell of me.' I stand there staring at the now happy family. They all are chatting and laughing. I see a joyous smile on my face. It looks strange to me. I haven't seen it in so long. I watch as my parents call my name and I run to them. They open their arms and I run into them. They ingulf me in a warm hug. I stare at the scene, unsure of what to do. I watch for another second, then a shattering sound echoes towards me. 'That... sounds so familiar...Wait, no......Please....No...' I watch as the family of three gets up, the parents standing in front of their small child. I know what is going to happen. I feel shivers make their way up my spine. I try to scream and yell out loud to my family and me, telling them to run. My words go unheard. They start walking towards the noise. I continue screaming and chasing them, even begging them to turn back and escape. Useless... Not even a moment later, blazes are in front of them. I watch as the father tells his wife and child to run. He hears a sound and a shadow walks out of the fire. It stands there for a moment then takes a different form, but his face seems blurry. My father yells again and the two others run away from the scene. I am shouting at my father, telling him to come also. I try to grab his arm but my hand passes through him. I watch in helplessness as the man grabs my father's neck. He picks him up and walks into the fire, then disappears. I feel my heartbreak as I know my father is dead. I scream and feel my one eye burn. I turn around. 'I must go and find me and mother.' I head towards the direction they went in. I watch the fire continues to burn through the manor. Thick smoke fills the air. In the distance I see two figures heading towards the west exit. I start yelling, telling them to go to the north exit. Of course, no one answers. They continue on their way to the west exit. I try to grab at them, but just like before my hand went straight through them. I feel tears of frustration pool in the corners of my eyes. Suddenly the ceiling creaks and it starts to fall. My mother pushes me out of the way. The rumble falls on her. I feel my throat close up and tears rush down my cheeks. My heart breaks into millions of pieces. I watch younger me burst into tears. We both cry, unsure of how to help. We walk towards the pile.

"M-mom..., "The younger me whimpers.

More tears drip down his face and he falls to his knees.

"S-sweetie..., "Mother whispers just enough for us to hear.

My younger self lifts up his head and looks at the pile, but can't see any of her.

"Sweetie, please...r-run," she says weakly.

"N-no, I c-c-can't leave without you," he exclaims.

"Sweetie, please... This is my last wish. My legs can't move, so.... please run away...," she says.

I can tell she is about to pass the line between life and death.

"B-but..-," he stuttered before he was cut off.

"Please, I will never leave. I will be with you always, so please run while you can. Live, live for us," she speaks so strong, I know she is about to use the last ounce of her strength. "I l-love y-you..."

She lets out a last breath and I sob out, younger me starts to break down. I get up and walk towards the door, following after my younger self. Younger me is coughing, gagging on the smoke that is filling the air. We walk out the door into the cold night. We both look around. We start running towards the hill near the road. Younger me is gasping as the cold air fills his lungs. He reaches the hill and looks towards the manor. It is now fully in flames. We feel a gust of wind behind us.

"How far did you think you were going to get, little lamb."

A voice whispers right next to our ear. We turn around and see the man with the blurry face. His eyes are all I can see, they are glowing purple and he has a smile on his face. He reaches out and puts his hand on our face. His thumb rubs circles over our cheek. He smiled evilly at us. Suddenly I get the feeling that he is regretful.

"W-why...W-why did you hurt father," I ask, tears cascading down my younger face.

He looks at younger me for a moment. Then his eyes turn red, he looks at me sadly.

"I-I'm sorry... His g-grip on m-m-my m-mind is too strong...," he stutters out.

He looks at me, tears in his eyes. He puts his thumb on my closed eye. A light glows from it and I suddenly feel extremely weak. I watch younger me stumble slightly. A mark appears on the man's hand. He looks at me.

"I a-am so s-s-sorry... I k-know I c-can't fix t-this...But I-I will keep y-you s-s-safe....," he whispers, holding my small hand in his larger one.

He gets up and I fall to the ground. He places his coat on my small body and turns around.

"Don't leave me...," I whisper.

"Never," he says.

He turns around and walks off. My vision starts to fade and I feel myself start to lose consciousness. A single thought is bouncing around my head. I feel the warmth. I blink and for a final time I think, 'Who was that man?...'

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! And... 250 reads!!! That awesome!! Thanks for this!! I'll do my best and try to update soon!! Thanks for reading!! Bye!! Also, I have to thank @WolfSpirit372 for helping with ideas for this chapter!!

-A short stack of pancakes😁