003

08/16/18

CHAPTER THREE; EVERY MOTHER'S SON

Maddie picked up a grape from the table of food and popped it in her mouth. Hayley soon joined her and Maddie shrugged at her. "So, which restaurant is missing a compelled chef?" Hayley asked upon seeing Klaus' arrival.

"It certainly was a card I played in the past but I had no hand in this." He said pointing to the table full of food.

"I guess we have 'lijah to thank then." Maddie said turning seeing the man in question walk down the stairs of the compound.

"This wasn't my doing." Elijah states looking at it with confusion.

"Then where did this all come from?" Hayley asks looking at the two brothers and Maddie stopped eating the random, but delicious, food.

Suddenly, something rattles under the metal lid making Maddie and Hayley jump back in surprise.

Elijah watched as Klaus lifts up the lid and starlings come flying out. Klaus, Elijah and Hayley all move back as Maddie gasped and instinctively move closer to Klaus' side.

She let out a breath and put a hand to her chest. "What the hell was that?"

Klaus looks at the piece of paper left on the plate and picked it up, silently reading it. "An invitation from our mother."

"You know," Maddie spoke up from her laying position on Klaus' bed. "It's times like this I'm really glad that I don't know my mother."

"We have enough enemies here and now the war of our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus said angrily as he looked over at her.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through your baby's heart, Klaus. I will happily add to the body count." Maddie sat up and looked at Klaus as he smirked at her words making her smile back at him. God, she missed that.

"You will do no such thing." Maddie groaned and laid back down at Elijah's words. "Esther is a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host."

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul." Klaus tells Elijah as Maddie got comfortable in Klaus' very comfortable bed.

"Well, then we have..." Elijah looks at his watch speaking, "This afternoon to prepare for the worst."

Elijah walks straight out of the room not even looking at Hayley who just decided to walk in. Klaus smirks and begins to leave as well. "Bloom is off the rose, I see."

"Shut up." She says to him and walks past him to lay next to Maddie.

"I hate boys." Maddie says to her as she closes her eyes feeling Hayley nod in agreement.

" Maddie says to her as she closes her eyes feeling Hayley nod in agreement