008

10/11/18

CHAPTER EIGHT; THE BROTHERS THAT CARE FORGOT

Maddison felt light shining in and she slowly opened her eyes and saw that Klaus was not there. She sat up with a yawn and couldn't help the smile on her face. She was happy that she told Klaus how she had felt. Maddie stood up and grabbed some clothes as she made her way to the shower.

After she was done and dressed, she walked downstairs hearing Klaus talking. "We arrive into this world as innocents, wide-eyed, vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us. Unfortunately, our own parents failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks, but we are not beholden to the past they created for us." Maddison walked in seeing the 4 brothers eating at the table. "Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself, and instead join us against she who truly deserved your ire...our mother. Do this and we will welcome you with open arms."

"Well..." Kol says going to grab something but Elijah pulled it back.

"But if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns." Klaus smiles at them.

"Good morning." Maddie interrupts and walks to the table to grab a glass of orange juice.

Klaus stood up and kissed her cheek. "Good morning, love."

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against mother dearest, you should have said so, save me a night shackled to the wall." Kol said annoyed.

"This was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs one by one until you comply." Elijah says making Klaus and Maddie laugh.

"Heh. We've-we've no desire to torture you." Klaus says in between laughs making Maddie look at him in confusion. They didn't? Klaus walked behind them and put his hand on their shoulders. "Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers."

"Brothers." Finn nods. "Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal and is loyalty to you ever really rewarded? If so, tell me Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah? She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years and now nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go and how did she escape your vile machinations?"

Klaus laughs and turned around to face him. "You think me vile? Well, what then, do you make of the one who cursed us?" He asked sitting down.

"She was trying to make you mortal again and you both refused her. Only proves how far you've fallen but I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity." Finn rambles.

"Rebekah's off limits, too. You pursue her and you will suffer." Elijah said to him angrily.

"Do not let him goad you, Elijah. Neither he nor Esther will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found and she does not." Klaus tells him.

"Esther is quite determined. She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time." Finn said making Elijah stand up and grab Finn by the neck and drag him across the table to bite into his neck.

Klaus raised his voice and pulled Elijah off Finn and brought him to another room. Maddison got up to follow and saw Klaus pin Elijah to the wall as Elijah put his hands up. "I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone," Klaus lets him go and takes his handkerchief, handing it to him. "But our brothers have power as well as knowledge of Esther's plans. We need them alive."