012

11/06/18

CHAPTER TWELVE: SANCTUARY

Maddie and Klaus walked side by side in the bayou as they looked for Hayley. A crowd of people were talking and working as they slowed to a stop. Two young boys played with a ball, one of them missing making the ball roll towards the two hybrids. Klaus stopped it with his foot as the young boy walked up to us.

Wolves looked their way with fear as Klaus crouched down to pick it up. He smiled at the little boy before standing up and walking towards them. Maddison sighed and placed a hand on the boys shoulder—sensing his fear and disappointment.

"I wonder if you lot can help me. I'm looking for the hybrid who calls herself your queen. I prefer you tell me where she is before I grow irritated. After all..." Klaus turned to look at the boy that stood right by Maddie's side. He tosses the ball at Maddie, who caught it and handed it down to the boy, "There are children present."

"I heard you took a bite out of my brother." Klaus said to the girl, only getting a nod in return, the two going to find Hayley and Jackson. "I'm sensing your angry."

"Not angry." Maddison denied with a shake of her head. "Just surprised how you could threaten people with children around. Especially, considering you're a father yourself."

Klaus sighed as he realized that the girl wasn't happy with him. He stopped his movements and grabbed her hand to stop her as well. "You're upset with me."

Maddie opened her mouth but closed it after a second. "Look, kids have always meant a lot to me. I love them and those kids might not be mine but they are still my people. It's scary to think the fear they felt when you waltzed in and threatened them."

"I didn't exactly threaten them." Klaus mumbled towards the girl.

"No, you used the kids to get the information you wanted. Klaus...I want to be with you. I want to stand by your side and fight these battles with you but I don't think I can if you do this. Kids were my dad's only rule, they were off limits, it's my rule too. Do you honestly think you'd let anyone live who ever threatened Hope?" Maddie asked the man whose eyes showed anger and realization.

Maddison leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, his arms wrapping around her waist as they held each other. "For what it's worth, I do want to be with you. I want nothing more than for you to be by my side." Klaus pulled back as he looked at the girl, "I wanted to talk to Marcel first. I know how much his opinion means to you."

"You were going to go to my dad and ask him if it's okay if you date me?" Maddie asked with a smirk, amusement dancing in her eyes, "how very old school of you."

"I am over a thousand years old." He grins at her as Maddie chuckled. "What do you say?"

Maddie's eyes widened when he watched her, awaiting an answer, "n-now?" She stuttered as he nodded towards her. Maddie could see the fear behind his beautiful blue eyes, scared of rejection, of her saying no. She knew that her dad might be angry. Davina would be angry too. There was a war to be fought but Maddie could only think about him. She loved him and she wanted to be with him. "Of course I'm gonna say yes."

Klaus let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and darted forward to kiss her. He kissed her like it was the last time he would ever be able to but in reality, it the just the beginning and Maddison was totally okay with that.