010

10/25/18

CHAPTER TEN; GONNA SET YOUR FLAG ON FIRE

Maddison laughed loudly as she sat in a chair across from her brother. He had been telling the girl embarrassing stories of his childhood—which she loved to hear. "Wow, you were an embarrassing child, my dear big brother."

"Oh, wow, thanks Mads. Glad to have my sister make fun of me." He said with a smile and shake of his head.

"Hey," Maddie leaned forward and rested her hand on his, "That's just what little sisters do." Jackson laughed at the girls words. The two slowly calmed down from the giggles and Maddie tilted her head as she could see something bugging him. "Will you just say what you want to say to me already?"

"Aiden called me." Jackson told her which made her smile falter.

"Did he?" She asked and looked down and at her hands.

"Why didn't you come to me last night? You know I would have gladly let you stay with me." He said with a sincere look pointed her way.

"I know, Jack." Maddie sighed softly. Last night, she had went to Aiden's place and stayed there for the night. She needed to be somewhere that no one would go looking for her and she could just figure her stuff out in peace. "I just needed to figure some stuff out and I needed to be somewhere that no one would find me."

Jackson had stood up and crouched down in front of his sister as he grabbed her hands. "As long as you're happy? That's all that matters to me."

Maddie tried to force the unshed tears away as her brother said those words to her. She smiled at him and nodded, not trusting her voice in the moment. Hayley came into their view making Maddie stand up from the chair. She excused herself to let them both talk as she roamed the compound hallways.

Her head tilted to the side as she heard plenty of footsteps and walked towards the sound, seeing Marcel and his vampires walking into a compound that held the wolves.

"Okay. Did I miss something?" Maddie asked looking between the wolves and the vampires.

"You wolves are here because you want freedom and I promise you, if you stay you will be free but we need as much help as we can get

"You wolves are here because you want freedom and I promise you, if you stay you will be free but we need as much help as we can get." Hayley said as she looked to Marcel.

"My vamps and I are willing to stand with you against the witches. In return, all I want is a promise, that there will be peace between our sides after the wedding." Marcel told Hayley with a nod.

"You're the one who spent the last 100 years killing and cursing us." Some random wolf spoke up.

"Which means you might want to listen to what he has to say." Maddie glared at the wolf as she defended her dad.