009

10/21/18

CHAPTER NINE; THE MAP OF MOMENTS

Maddison sat quietly in the back of the car as Klaus drove and Hayley was sat in the passenger seat. The three were on their way to see Hope, actually about a minute from pulling into the drive way. When they pulled in, out the window was Rebekah, Elijah and Hope.

Before Klaus could stop the car completely, Hayley got out and ran towards them. Klaus got out after he put the car in park and Maddison soon followed. Hayley slowly walked up to Elijah, whose carrying hope, and takes the little girl in her arms. As Maddie walked to stand beside Rebekah, Hayley turns and gives Hope to Klaus but stands beside him as they both smile and hold their daughter. Maddie smiled fondly at Klaus. Watching him with his daughter was truly beautiful and just amazing.

"Curse on the first born?" Rebekah asked in confusion

"Curse on the first born?" Rebekah asked in confusion. "What the bloody hell is that supposed to be?"

"Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson first borns for eternity." Klaus explains to the group.

"Is any of this true?" Hayley asks with concern in her voice.

"It is if we're to believe Finn, who learned it from the bastion of truth, our mother." Elijah says as he rolls his sleeves up.

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us." Rebekah speaks up as they all looked her way. "He lost the sister he adored and instead got a judgy pack is siblings, who found him unbearably dull."

Elijah and Maddie both had amused smiles on their faces at Rebekah's comment before Hayley starts talking. "Great. So is there any chance of us running into your loony aunt Dahlia anytime soon?"

"Dahlia's long dead." Elijah says trying to comfort the girl.

"Like Esther?" Maddison asked bitterly before looking up at Hayley, who looked at her with worry. "Sorry."

"No ones going to hurt Hope because no ones going to find her." Klaus reassures her before he looks to his sister. "It's enough wood, Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas."

Rebekah smiles as she rubs her hands together. "Well, we're just missing a key ingredient."

"No, we're not." Klaus denies quickly.

"Yes, we are, Nik. Back me up, Elijah." Rebekah smiles widely as Elijah laughs.

"I suspect Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes." He says looking to Klaus.