005

08/21/18

CHAPTER FIVE; RED DOOR

Maddison was inside Davina's family's cabin sitting by the girls side as she was unconscious. Klaus was standing at the door since he has never been invited inside and the boy that Davina liked was here.

"We need to get her to a hospital." Maddie said looking over Davina.

"Oh, hello, darling." Kaleb said looking at Klaus. "Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

Maddie grinned at his words as Klaus responds. "You know, it's funny how often a persons sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat."

"Klaus, he's just a kid." Maddie looks up towards the hybrid.

"Yeah. She's right. You might want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues." Kaleb retorts.

"I promised not to hurt Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod." Klaus spoke with a glare aiming at Kaleb.

Maddison stood up and walked outside grabbing Klaus' hand along the way. "Klaus, come on." The two stop just a little bit away from hearing distance so Maddie continues. "A minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with this thing and you didn't. You're not gonna kill this kid with it either. Besides, he's pretty funny and Davina likes him."

Klaus looks over at Davina and Kaleb before looking back to her. "Fine. He's not funny by the way."

Klaus hands her the stake as she smiles at him. "Thank you."

"Go get the car." He digs his hand in his pocket pulling out his keys. "Let's take her to the hospital."

Maddie couldn't help but let her feelings rise to the surface. She had missed Klaus. Maddie took the keys from him and walked to the car. As she went to open the door, she saw a reflection in the window that belonged to Mikael. His hands went to her neck and snapped it as her body dropped and Mikael grabbed her and ran.

"You've got a way with words." Klaus says looking at the curly-headed boy in front of him suspiciously.

"Well, I've travelled." Kaleb tells him standing up from his position in front of the young witch.

"You seem to have crossed continents in order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business." Klaus smiles and shakes his head. "Strange, isn't it? Unless, of course, it's your family business. You know, ever since dinner with my mother and Finn, I've been wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol."

Kol chuckles before bowing. "Well, the jig is up. Hello, brother."

"It's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living, it's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother, and I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are." Klaus threatened.

"But you're not gonna do that, are you, because your little brunette friend, who I think likes me and my jokes, told you to leave me alone. I'm curious. Does she take one of those little plastic baggies out when she takes you for a walk?" Kol asked trying to be funny.