Fire with Fire

01/20/19

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: FIRE WITH FIRE

"It's done." Rebekah announces as she walks into the compound with my dad. "I'm delinked from those children. The covers are most grateful, and we even beat the rain."

Elijah turns around from his spot from the window, Freya chants from her spot on the couch and I'm sitting on a chair while eating some chips. Gotta feed the little ones. "I trust Davina will play her part."

"Yeah, against my better judgement." I laugh at my dads words.

"Stop being so overprotective, dad." I respond digging my hand back into the chip bag.

"If Davina's made regent to all 9 covens, she'll be granted the power to resurrect Kol and the political clout to connect the witches to our cause." Rebekah says happily.

"Don't pop the champagne just yet." My dad tells her. "Dahlia said she'd come for the baby, and now a storm springs up out of nowhere. You really think that's a coincidence?"

"Nope." I say as everyone ignores me. Rude.

"Regardless of her power, she needs to be dealt with. Fortunately, we have a weapon." Elijah says making Freya glare at him.

"Look, no offence, but are we really gonna put all our eggs into one still kind of mysterious basket." Dad asks.

Freya stands up and looks to him. "I assure you I am quite motivated to aid Dahlia's defeat, particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be bait."

I smile and look to Elijah. "Hey, good move, buddy. Air five." I put my hand in the air as he sends me a confused look. Almost dying and puking blood has made me more appreciative of my life.

"And if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task, at the very least distracting Dahlia long enough for Hope and Hayley to disappear." Elijah says making me grow nervous.

Thunder strikes and I flinch at the noise and feel the babies kick making me gasp. My dad is at my side instantly. "I'm okay." I assure him. "The babies just kicked." I say sadly. Klaus isn't here to feel it.

Rebekah goes and closes the window before calling for Elijah. I look to see blood on it. I stand up and rush to where Klaus is with my dad and Rebekah following me. "He's gone." I whisper.

"Oh no." Rebekah says. "Where the hell is he?" She turns towards my dad as I smile.

*

"Until Niklaus is found, Marcel and his men with scour the city." Elijah says walking with Rebekah and I.

"Assuming Nik doesn't slaughter them." Rebekah says.

"Cut him some slack." I defend as they ignore me once again.

"You know as well as I do he'll be on the warpath, which again raises the question how in the hell is he even awake?" She asks.

"It was Dahlia." Freya says making us stop. "This was all part of her plan. No doubt she killed Aiden, hoping that the blame would fall on Klaus, the family would divide, and she could win Klaus to her cause."

"That's crazy!" I laugh. "Klaus would never align with the She devil."

"You continue to defend him." Freya looks at me.

"He would kill anyone who tried to take his daughter." I tell her.

"Isn't it Hayley who is trying to take his daughter?" She asks.