Chapter 2:Kill the Malevolence

Run thanked whatever deity would listen for handing him the wonderful gift of Mastema. The flight Teigu enabled him to evade the rock slide, but he wasn't able to grab any of his teammates. He landed on the ground and scanned around for any source of life. An eyebrow was raised when he saw an auburn-haired girl in headphones.

She must be with Night Raid... Run weighed his options and decided it was best to cautiously approach her. The moment their eyes met, she sharply backed away and glared at him. "I'm not here to fight." Run put both his hands up in an innocent manner. "Did you happen to see who blew up the mountain as well?"

She stayed silent for a second before she said, "...Yes. It was a member of the rebellion. If I had to guess, they planted the explosives here and waited for us to come."

"It looks like we were ambushed by each other's treasonous employer."

Chelsea looked at the huge quantity of rubble she narrowly avoided, thanks to altering her form with Gaia Foundation. However, there was a more serious matter at hand. As if it was some kind of cruel joke, it appeared that Night Raid was also targeted by the side they were fighting for. Before thinking about it more, she tilted her head towards the rubble to see a metal arm poke out that she recognized.

"Tatsumi!" announced Chelsea. While in his Incursio, Tatsumi squirmed out with Akame following behind. I see. In that second he had, he used Incursio to shield himself and Akame from the rocks. They still look like they're injured, though.

After Tatsumi and Akame were out of the rubble, they limped over to where Chelsea was. Incursio wore off while Tatsumi was clenching his hands in frustration. It was hard to tell because they both had jackets on, but they probably had some bruising around their body.

"I-I only had time to grab Akame..." Tatsumi said, gritting his teeth. "Everyone else..."

"I'm sorry to pile on, but the person who did all this was wearing the uniform of the rebellion. That rock slide was probably meant for us."

Both Tatsumi and Akame looked at her like she said something crazy. "T-that can't—" began Akame.

"Help us!" yelled a voice everyone recognized as Wave. "I can't get Kurome and me out!"

"He must have used his armor to shield both of them like I did," said Tatsumi.

Run walked over and tried removing the rocks trapping the duo, but it was proving very difficult to do without causing more rocks to fall on them. "Can I ask for your assistance?" asked Run, looking at the Night Raid members. "I won't be able to do this myself."

Akame winced a little when she while got off the ground and went to assist.

"Akame?" questioned Tatsumi.

"Now's not the time to be after each other's heads."

"Yeah, you're right." With the much-needed help from Tatsumi and Akame, they managed to remove the rubble safely enough to retrieve the trapped Jaegers.

"Thank y—" Wave stopped his sentence when he and Kurome looked stunned when they saw Tatsumi's face.

"Tatsumi!" they both said.

"The one and only," stated Tatsumi, extending his hand to Wave while Akame did the same for her sister. "Let's just focus on getting you two out."

"Y-yeah," replied Wave, looking away while the mortal enemies all walked away from the rubble. They caught their breath after reaching the flat earth.

"...Is everyone else dead?" quietly asked Kurome. Both her and Wave, who wasn't in Grand Chariot anymore, looked in as much discomfort as Tatsumi and Akame.