Chapter 8: Kill the Division

Finally, we've arrived at the final two chapters of the prelude. As most of you have probably guessed, this whole phase has been whether these characters could possibly coexist.

By the looks of it, everyone seems to be coexisting...mostly.

Wave spent nearly half an hour explaining the events that took place on his adventure. There were times where he visibly looked choked up while explaining his home, but he shook it off and continued. After he finally finished explaining, everyone looked like they were disgusted.

"Well...damn," commented Leone, not knowing what to say.

"To think they actually did it," began Run, looking angry, which was uncommon. "I'm impressed you've managed to keep your composure like you have. Any normal man would've gone insane."

"I did have help." Wave made a determined look. "Don't get me wrong. Believe me when I say I'm going to make everyone who was involved pay."

"Still," began Chelsea, "you want us to become a bunch of vigilantes? I don't know how smart that is..."

"There aren't many other options," added Tatsumi. "Besides, if all of us are working together, there won't be many things that could stop us, I bet." After Tatsumi got through with his monolog, the muteness continued once again until Run spoke.

"I think it's best if everyone else shares their experiences before we continue that subject."

"Right..." agreed Wave, feeling as if he didn't sell his idea well enough.

After a quick game of rock-paper-scissors, Leone was made to explain what happened. Chelsea boastfully grinned while she said, "Make sure to speak in complete, coherent sentences now."

"Are you still holding a grudge because of what I said...?" Leone explained how Najenda and Susanoo didn't know what happened that night. She also mentioned the summer house that was given to them.

"She really didn't know," said Akame, smiling. "Lubbock was right."

"I knew it all along," added Tatsumi. "I guess we can leave the investigation of the rebellion to them for now."

"However," began Run, "you're sure they didn't know anything? It would be unfortunate if we went to this location and got ambushed again."

"I don't have a reason to think she was lying," added Chelsea, pulling out a lollipop. "I even ease-dropped before we confronted them. There won't be any ambush this time."

"If you guys say so, I guess it's fine," commented Wave. "How about you, Kurome?" Instead of a reply, all he got was a blank face nibbling on some chocolate chip cookies. "Never mind..."

Since Seryu was still despondent, and Run was absent for the most part, Mine had to fill everyone in. She was likely still angry because she hadn't said anything in a while, but she explained everything in detail. After Mine finished, she didn't wait for anyone to ask a question before she sat back down and toyed with the bandages around her hand.

"Najenda's info was right," said Chelsea. "She told us there was a strange group in the Capital that can wield Teigu like us."

Tatsumi stared at the ground. "Those are the guys who killed Lubbock? They sound like a bunch of assholes."

"To think people like that are supposed to be guarding the Capital," began Wave, balling his fists. "Instead, they're just abusing their power and doing whatever they want. Why the hell would anybody want guys like that around?"

"I guess we have our work cut out for us," said Run.

"Hold on," began Wave, pausing for a second to make sure he heard Run correctly, "you said us."