Best Feeling Ever

"It's OK, bangaram. Relax. Relax."

Prabhas himself was sweating while supporting his wife. He turned to towards the monitor and wiped the perspiration off with his free hand.
Anushka clutched the other tighter and squirmed, shooting his anxiety.
He was soothing her with kisses and caresses every now and then, at times of extreme pressure, earning a smile from the doctors. But after a few hours, he was worried. Each time Anushka shrieked, he felt like being pierced by an abstract dagger.

He was chanting silent prayers while the doctors and nurses worked in anticipation.
Anushka squealed when it was time. Time for the arrival of their first one. In the next few seconds, another was on its way. Prabhas' happiness reached the sky above another universe, if there was anything as such. He removed the medical cap provided to him and grinned at his wife who took a deep breath.

The nurses wiped the adorable two in a cloth and gently placed them on their mother's chest.
They were still moist, pink and tender as a bud with smooth, thick hair, black as night.
Prabhas' shaky hands captured the mesmerising sight of his wife and babies lying, with his cellphone. One of them had its mouth wide open on Anushka's upper lip with eyes closed and she kissed it back. The other snuggled into her neck grabbing her hair, its small tounge sticking out.

Weariness and aches vanished into thin air, like they never existed. She once again kissed the infants' heads before the nurses took them for wash.
The doctors congratulated Prabhas who thanked them.

Conceiving after 35 is life threatening...

..were words that rewinded repeatedly in his mind though they were assured of all the firsthand facilities for safety.

He smiled sitting next to her. The empress ruling his dynasty. His heart.
Fatigue was evident but motherly glow had overtaken it. Their fingers meshed in eachother's, his lips lingering over her forehead and eyes.

"We made it!" his voice was a deep whisper.

She nodded in excitement and turned to see the nurses busy with her children. The last she remembered was Prabhas' soft touch on her cheeks. She was drained.
_______

The entire day had kept them busy. Prabhas' was not a family of five or ten. Their relatives visited eager to see the baby of the Uppalapati clan, elated to know that they were twins.
A boy and a girl.

His mother, sisters and Pramod were attending calls and messages. Prabhas was instructing something to his PA, Ravi. He had planned to complete shoot of the ongoing movie's last segment and take a long break.

His uncle and aunt, Krishnam Raju and Shyamala Devi had the toughest job now.
Facing the media.
Not like it was something new nor were they weren't hesitant to speak.
But this was about the Baahubali stars.
National to local media, journalists from all over and fans from Hyderabad and cities nearby had crowded in front of the hospital waiting to hear the news. A weird experience for the family. There were talks, whistles and reports heard from the gate. The hospital was being featured in almost every channel already.

"Prabhas and Sweety are blessed with a baby boy and girl. We are indeed very excited. It's a pleasure to see the love you're showing. Prabhas will soon speak to you all."
KRG was collided with mikes and endless questions. He finally excused himself asking the guards to take care.
________

Next day, Prabhas' house

The downpours were showing their intensity accompanied by lightening and thunder. It was late in the evening when Anushka was forced to have some fruits by her mother-in-law. She rushed to her room hearing the siren go on. She carried her daughter and cooed her smothering her face with kisses. The baby delved into her chest tapping its hand. She held the tiny indexes and felt them on her cheeks while nurturing the child. Luckily, the little tiger wasn't disturbed.

She rejoiced the moments of motherhood lost in adoring the cute versions of herself and Prabhas.

Irony was that Prabhas too was standing right behind doing the same.
He noticed his daughter's long, slender fingers, with square-shaped miniature nails, cherry red lips, luscious black, curly locks , chubby cheeks and restless limbs. Her eyelids strained to stay apart as she filled her tummy. Everyone said she was a replica of her dad and the son, exactly like his mom.

The baby jerked alerting Anushka, which was when she realized her husband's presence. They smiled at eachother. She blushed setting her dress properly and walked to place the slumping bundle next to the other on the fluffy bed in the cradle.

Prabhas changed into comfortable wear and freshened up. Finding his wife once again lost in thoughts, he wrapped his arms around her. Her hair was tied in a loose bun. He feathered kisses on her neck and headed upwards to her face.

"Seems they're keeping you very busy."

"When I think it's over nursing one, the other starts. Notorious children of yours hardly gave me a wink of sleep. " she kissed his lips rubbing his trimmed stubble.

"Aha! Just like their father." he winked. She shook her head in disbelief and rested on his chest, while he hugged her tightly moving to their bed, done for the day.

His hands carefully massaged her back and arms as she layed on him. She was kissing his chin and jawline while both spoke some more. And ofcourse it didn't last long.

Prabhas got up to check on them.
"Sweety! Come here!"

"Papsu, please handle them. Atleast for an hour or two. I'll catch some sleep."

"OK, but come here. You have to see this."

She was astonished seeing him giggling inspite of one of the babies whining squeakily.
Lazily striding to the end of the room, she was amused with what was happening.

The baby girl who was asleep, kept sucking on her brother's nose, her tiny hand fondling his ear. He sniffled and tried moving his head sideways but was unsuccessful. He pulled the blue cotton cap on his head, matching his baseball patterned, full-sleeved romper and struggled to set himself free, but the sister continued work.

Just when he was about to let out a wail, Prabhas carried him. He cradled and rocked the baby who relaxed in Nana's arms. Settling on the bed, he placed his son on his lap.
Sweety chuckled at her husband trying to make silly faces to divert the baby's attention.

"I'd rather ride on two bulls simultaneously like Baahubali does during Pindari attack. Or..or worse.. even tolerate those manohari girls. Phew! These two." he sighed. Sweety's laughters turned endless. Her cheeks and nose were red.

"Here, hold her." she brought their daughter and placed her on Prabhas' other lap.

"Why her? She was asleep, Sweetu!" he whisper yelled.

"Shh! Wait." she sung pinching his lips like they do to a five-year-old.

Clicking a picture with her cellphone she typed,

In Nana's warmth. We love you nana.😘😘😘
#bestfather #besthusband #bestfeelingever

She posted it on her instagram and facebook pages. Undoubtedly, it was the headlines for the next few days.

The two infants cuddling in their father's arms on either side, who had his eyes fixed on them. An unfathomable sense of pride and satisfaction blossomed, framing a curve on his face.

It was priceless.

She joined him putting the device away and they kissed again.
A slow kiss that indicated how happy they were for eachother, enjoying this new phase of life as parents.
New responsibilities and experiences were a tad difficult but in the end, gave the best feeling ever.
_________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this piece of work.😊