Fragile Hearts - ViVarna

Dedicated to ShonaLover

Inactive and irresolute, she had been adrift for months. Perhaps she considered she had no reason to live at all. Personally drained, proffessinally lost, her existence seemed to give her no chance to smile, until 'Pranush' came into her life. Who knew such a tiny being, who could not even speak, would set things right? He indeed was 'the light of her life'.

Now, she had developed a special bond with each and every individual in the house. She loved to care for Shivani and Latha, take advice from Vikram, chat for hours with Nandini and laugh at Reyansh's jokes. She never forgot to thank God everyday for blessing her. It was renassaince.

Her world was colorful once again and she knew the artist deserved her gratitude forever. The artist who was strong and patient enough to bear her, was payed with a hefty sum in the end. One he had never imagined, love.
________

Vivaan felt rejuvenated after the early morning workout at their gym. The house was calm and peaceful unlike anyother Sunday morning. The family had spilt up to attend different events. Rey and Nandini to Delhi and the elders to Bangalore. Their intention was clear though no one said it in words.

He closed the backdoor heading to his room. What would be better than a long, hot shower after a hard workout?

He wished he could wake his baby up taking him in his arms, while he stared at the little one fast asleep in his crib. Drying his hair with a towel, he moved towards the closet to grab a vest before anyone sees him bare-chested. Though, he did admire his abs and biceps for a moment in front of the mirror. After what felt like an era, he was Vivaan Reddy again!

"I'm so sorry." The door behind him closed before he could turn around to see who was at it. Of course he knew it was her.
Who would apologize for walking into a man half-dressed, when he was your own husband?
Her zone was yet to be expanded before he could say that out loud.
Small conversations and short hugs did help mend their relationship and he was proud of himself whenever she tried opening up to him.

It was that one fortunate night they finally understood what they meant to eachother. Pranush was their only string of attachment until the truth from their pasts unveiled.
________

Varna often found herself delighted to be in the kitchen. She learned to cook traditional dishes from Shivani and Latha. The rest was taught by her kitchen-mate, YouTube. Gracefully chopping a few onions, she whipped the pury up in the pan like a master. She couldn't wait to see how this new recipe would turn out.

Fixing her stole on her shoulder, she paced to the living area. Nothing made her happier than to see Pranush giggling and having fun with his dad. Vivaan blew on the baby's tummy causing weird noises that made Pranush laugh louder eachtime. He stopped seeing his mother adoring him and extended his arm asking her to join them.

"I think he wants his mommy now, ain't it you brat?"

Pranush squealed when Varna carried him planting kisses all over his face. Vivaan couldn't wish for a better way of life.

"Do I get anything?"
Varna was starstruck for a moment.
"Don't get me wrong, I meant something to drink."

Varna understood he was trying to tease her but it rarely worked. Seeing her expression, he would cover up casually hiding a smirk.

"Black or green tea?"

"Anything you wish." he said, continuing to play with Pranush who was sitting on his mother's lap pulling her wedding chain.
Vivaan noticed she was being careful so that it doesn't cut and smiled.

"I'll clean this naughty one up while you're done."
She nodded, heading back to the kitchen after kissing her baby one more time.
_____________

Pranush made slurpy sounds as he drank his milk. His father taught him new things everyday. Most of which were rather impish, triggering Varna. She, on the contrary, was a disciplinarian, always tending to bring him up well-behaved.

"Quit doing that! He's spitting half his drink. Have to put him to sleep after he finishes."

"Your amma is too boring, champ. Let her say whatever she wants. We know what to do."

Varna scowled wiping the child's mouth and neck. Her husband enjoyed seeing her irritated. What a weird man?

"I forgot to tell you, we'd be going out for the evening. My friend's son is a year old. He's hosting a grand birthday party at a hotel."

Varna didn't speak. He sensed she wasn't comfortable blending in with crowds at parties yet. She was still adjusting to her new lifestyle.

"You can't stay like this forever Varna. My friends and colleagues want to meet you. This would be a great chance for me to introduce you and Pranu to--"

"I'm sorry, but please don't force me into this." she walked away.
__________

"Pranu wouldn't sleep without you. Took me forever to get him to close his eyes." Vivaan sat beside. Varna on the bench, backyard.

The sunshine was mild with a gentle breeze picking up magnificent fragrances from the plants and beautiful flowers in the garden.

Silence prevailed for quite some time until Vivaan spoke.
"For Pranush atleast. No one's home to take along. He's never been to a party except for the one Rey and Nandu arranged on Mom and Dad's anniversary. He needs to meet new people and get along..... and so do you."

Varna sensed a tone of affection. Her vision clouded as she turned to him.

"If only I were Ramya, I could have. But I'm Varna."

He couldn't reply for sometime and the same silence resumed, this time awkwardness filling the atmosphere.

For a moment, she was taken aback suddenly feeling his fingers wiping her tears. Gently holding her hands, he looked deep into her huge eyes. The intensity was beyond her handle. She tried pulling them back and standing up but was overpowered by his strength.

"Varna Shetty is no different from Ramya Shetty, understand. She can emote, care and love." he stressed the last word coming closer.
"But it's most important, you express. If you're afraid to face people, just think about how you were a few years ago. The lady entrepreneur who took media and clients by storm. You were an inspiration! I can never forget......."
Varna gulped.
"..how hard I'd fell for you."

Tears involuntarily streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry again for all that happened, Varna. Not in my dreams did I imagine this kind of an outcome." his voice was low and comforting. He had constantly been putting effort on bringing back the old Varna and this time he wouldn't give up.

Holding her hands closer to his heart, he pleaded, "Would you please say yes to your husband and give him another chance. All he wants is to see you normal again. It's the least he could do though he can't fix everything like the way it was before."

Varna hesitated not knowing how to answer, and ultimately hugged him. Vihaan reciprocated, his grip over her waist tightening. Her arms wound around his neck frightened to let go. Their hug was passionate for the very first time. He delved into her hair inhaling its sweet scent.

"I will come with you." she whispered. ________________________________________

To all the Vivaan-Varna fans including mua, this is a gift.
I'm back after an extremely long time. So happy to write again. Probably couldn't match up to the standard set by the original story, 'cus the author's a pro with emotions. Let's see if I can continue another shot on them.
Hoping y'all enjoyed this!💙

PS: Though I know most of you will already be reading it, I once again recommend "Fragile Hearts" to the readers.