Short One-Shot #1 - Fly Me To The Moon

This is for HatsumiBamboo!

Thanks! ^-^

I wanted to go with a kind of nice space theme with different planets and it's set in the future or an alternate world and all that to really give it a dreamy feeling. People can normally visit planets now and can survive in space without helmets, and Earth is kinda vacant and Hatsumi kinda just wants to find out why.

I left things vague to give it a simple but adorable and interesting vibe.

Here are some songs to listen to while reading this!:

-

Hatsumi stood near the edge of Lana's moon, Arya. He took in the dark vast black dome surrounding him, and jumped. Instantly, gravity flipped and he was spinning through the stars, whooping and laughing.
Colours of the stars, greens and reads and bright yellow-oranges and purples flew through his hair, past his eyes and spun together to create shapes.
Warmth moved through his fingertips, making them yellows and yellow-oranges and coral-red-pinks that moved his chest.

Space exploration was amazing.

The heather-coloured moons floated around him in a swirl, chunks of yet another crumbled planet in small chunks of grass and umber earth. Hatsumi gave a small sigh. Another one gone, with no idea how the small planet had been destroyed.

It was hard to maintain these planets, with so many, sure, but every time another one had been destroyed, he felt awful.
He had made a vow to protect these planets, and he had failed.

He continued spinning, making a mental list in his head about which planets he had already visited, and realized that he hadn't even remotely tried to visit his own planet, the one in the most danger.

Earth.

Taking a longing look at the stars twinkling warmly above him, Hatsumi began to spiral back down to Earth, humming slightly to himself. Planets and stars and flowers spun by him in bright colours, a few space creatures even wandering by. But he had no time to check on any of them. Instead, he began to fall much faster, gliding through the milky black space. He could almost feel himself gliding through its own substance, buttery-smooth and silky.
Why no one left Earth for normal space exploration really was a mystery to him. But he reminded himself that only he and very few others had the power to do so.

Usually, humans would be allowed to visit space whenever they desired, flipping from planet to planet with the slightest tilt of their feet.
But then they came...

The earth was still intact, but the red planet had come closer. People were asked to evacuate into space. People had been everywhere, getting into ships and using their specially designed sandals to float up into the atmosphere, away from the planet.
But they had stopped.
There was no attack, no deaths, not even a change in Earth itself. But most of the people were gone, now deciding to travel to different planets while still living on Earth. But the planet, it's people, had not decided to attack, because of the life on it, the animals, the sandy deserts and the lush rainforests.
Although there had been rumors of war...