These Games We Play Chapter 1 [Sneak Peek!]

Hey, here's a sneak peek for the new-and-improved first chapter of These Games we Play! (sequel to Murder Mansion if anyone doesn't know pff-)

I honestly wanted to start it off with Investagator actually escaping her trap but then I realized this idea sounded way more cool and I could work off of it so much better.

Also spoilers.

Duh.

-

She had almost made it that time.

She climbed up the acacia stairway, lungs burning.
This time, she could make it. She'd tried for months, what was one more try?

Even as she ran the stairs behind her began to collapse into the sand and endermites below. It was one of the new traps she had set, meant for anyone unfortunate enough to fall down in this pit underneath the mansion.

There. The obsidian exit, lined with birch wood and a lever. Safety. Her chance. She ran up the steps, the pillars of reddish-brown and golden-rose pillars of sand making her feel dizzy as she looked down.
She reached for the lever.

The last acacia stair fell away.

And Investagator fell back onto her prison.

Swearing loudly, she stood, kicking herself. Stupid mistake, why had she done that? She had hesitated, of course she had hesitated, before booking it.
No wonder she hadn't made it.

She sat down, savoring the dinner that Pheonix and Dawson had brought her hours earlier. A sienna-coloured mushroom stew, some steaks, and a cookie. It wasn't bad - a lot better than the stew Kendall had tried to make her yesterday.

If she was being honest, Investagator wished Kendall had stayed dead, with an arrow to her head.

But no. Cassie Rose had brought all of her hard work back to life after her massacre. She had researched this place long before deciding to, ahem, set up shop, here, and apparently Cassie had been an apprentice working in another dimension.

There were all these cruel punishments and challenges, and the losers, although killed, would be brought back to life.
Cassie had learned how to do that.

Investigator remembered herself breaking into the mansion. Sure, that wouldn't be a comforting memory for others, but she remembered finding the quaint little place, and perfect way to get what she had wanted.
Well no, that was a lie. First she had researched at her local library, a cozy little carpeted place in town. She had heard the stories about the White Pumpkin murders of TorqueDawg, DanTDM and CaptainSparklez.

That was the perfect disguise, a golden opportunity.

She had promptly snuck through the entire mansion once she had gotten there - although Cassie was now gone, stuck in her own trap, she seemed to have a terrible memory; forgetting to turn off any lights of any kind, leaving a jukebox on. Investagator has surveyed the cyan-green carpets and multi-coloured tan, birch and chestnut coloured wood of the mansion, and had eventually found her way to the kitchen. She made herself a snack and then dove into the library of the place, learning how to build and make amazing traps.
She set them up all over the place - a much more complex and elaborate hidden painting staircase, multiple trap-doors and pressure-plates, and a way to be anywhere at all times. She had a complex system at the ready for all of the deaths, and ways to scoop up their inventory quickly without being seen.

Then she simply had to free Cassie by placing a few ladders, and miraculously, Cassie had decided on her own to invite everyone back.
That alone had made Investagator giddy with excitement, it all being so much easier now. And she had been one of the people invited. The irony!

It all somehow was able to make up for her horrible acting. How she had stolen the small devices that Cassie had used to turn off the lights dramatically, and covered it up horribly.
How she had obviously attacked Liv to make her swipe back and accidentally kill off the first victim of that night, Fangirl. For some reason, no one had seemed to notice any of it.

Maybe they thought she was too innocent to be the murderer.

Well, I sure showed them, didn't I?

Now she was stuck in this twisting winding tunnel of sand and steak, and with what? She had absolutely nothing to show for this mansion adventure she had set up. Except for her millions of new traps. Her failed new traps.

She wanted to kick the ground and destroy all the pillars, to scream until she had scared herself hoarse, to kick down these walls and bury herself in the ground.
But, no. It wasn't worth it. She had run out of anger a long time ago. Pushing down her frustration, Investagator stood up.

There had to be another way off this insipid island of bedrock and obsidian.

And then she saw it. A cream-coloured envelope. Near one of the steps. She gingerly stepped up the platforms, grabbing the piece of paper.

Who was it addressed to? She flipped it over.

Cassie Rose,

TK3 Ember - soon to be - RoseDew Drive

-

- DO YOU WANT TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE MADE UP? DO YOU WANT TO SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS? YOUR WEALTH? YOUR INFLUENCE? 
WELL COME ON DOWN TO THE PARTY OF THE CENTURY, PLACED COZILY WITHIN THE 1920s!
MEET PEOPLE OF INFLUENCE! PARTY THE NIGHT AWAY! 
AND MEET LEADER OF THE TOWN OF RICHMOND, ALOUETTE TRINKET! 

ESPECIALLY IF YOU JUST SO HAPPEN TO BE A VILLAIN! 
YES, THAT'S RIGHT! 
NOW, FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY, THE VILLAINS RUN THE SHOW! 
HELP US REACH OUR GOALS OF LEAVING THE 1920s AND TAKING OVER THE PRESENT!

BY TOUCHING AND/OR OPENING THIS ENVELOPE, YOU'VE JUST AGREED TO MEET WITH ALOUETTE AND HELP HER REACH THIS GOAL! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! -

-

What the...

Investigator turned the paper over. What did that even mean, going to the 1920s? And RoseDew Drive, that place had been destroyed years ago in favor of building more, well, buildings. The cozy little neighborhood had turned into a city, which then turned into Ember Drive.

And what did they mean, take over the present? And leave the 1920s? You couldn't leave the era you were born in, that sounded-

She didn't see the men who had come through the portal, sneaking up behind her. Thinking that she was Cassie Rose.

-

So, yeah! Hopefully everything will be planned out and set up for January when I'm re-posting this! I think. I don't know I have so many things to work on it's not even funny. Multiple projects, stories, and videos that I'm trying to get out on time. Series, specials and one-shots, as well as stories I want to make are filling up my schedule, not to mention school projects I need done.

But hopefully I'll finish the first chapter soon, and I'll have everything done by January. Not the entire book, oh gosh no, but just what I have so far, as well as planning a lot further ahead in the story itself.

I am going to be changing quite a lot, and I need help! Anyone feel like brainstorming? Because I have no ideas *weak laugh*

I'm gonna go do those projects now. Also catch up on all of the shows I'm missing. A h h-

-Dawson