1 | First Meeting

Jennah stood in the audience and waited excitedly for BTS to come on stage

Jennah stood in the audience and waited excitedly for BTS to come on stage. Listening to the sounds of the audience as their voices all mixed together made her even more hyped and her heart beat exceptionally fast in my chest.

Soon the lights dimmed and music started to play on the stage. Within the darkness, the crowd could just make out seven silhouettes and their voices rose higher, becoming almost deafening. Jennah paused in her own cheering as she felt something happening within her body. This can't be happening. Not right now.

The power within her was going haywire; it was flowing through her body with exceptional speed and it wasn't something she had experienced before. At that moment, she remembered something her grandmother had told her...

"When you meet your amplifier, your powers will increase tenfold. Your job is to not only learn to control your power, but to also protect your amplifier."

Does that mean she's met the one she's supposed to protect? Who is it? Jennah looked about the audience and didn't feel a connection with any of them. And then she looked up at the stage. 

That was when the power surged out her. Lights flickered, the room's temperature increased and billowing clouds appeared above everyone's heads. Lightning flashed and struck the ground before her feet.

Chaos ensued.

Screaming people were trying to avoid the lightning strikes and the members of BTS were ushered backstage, except from one - Jimin. 

He glared in Jennah's direction and then motioned with his eyes to outside. Does he want her to meet him out there, or? Could he be her amplifier? 

She managed to reign in her powers and then ran for the nearest exit.

Where is he?

She closed her eyes and focused her mind on Jimin. This was another thing her grandmother taught her - how to sense your amplifier. If this works, then that would mean that that he would be who she thought he was. 

Excitement, different from how it felt inside the concert hall, bubbled inside of her. For so long she had been searching for the one who can match her powers and make them even more powerful. And the one she was supposed to protect.

Sensing him at last, Jennah followed the trail to behind the building. There was no one else around, so it was just him and her. His expression scared her a little. Actually, a lot. In fact, he looked disgusted. 

"Leave." His biting words pierced her heart and sent chills down her spine. "I don't know how you found me, but you're going to have to go. I don't want you here." As soon as he finished speaking, he shot out one last glare and then went back inside the building, slamming the door behind him.

What was that all about?