7 | Understanding

"Why did you bring her back here?" an exasperated Namjoon began to berate Jimin as soon as they got back to the hotel

"Why did you bring her back here?" an exasperated Namjoon began to berate Jimin as soon as they got back to the hotel. "What if she's a crazy fan and all of this is a ruse? Isn't it a bit suspicious?"

"It's nothing like that!" Jimin controlled his anger and lowered his voice. "She's someone I know, she's not a crazy fan. I've got it under control so you don't have to worry."

Namjoon pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "As the leader, it's my job to worry, but I trust you, so if you say that she is okay then I believe you. Just make sure she's ok when she wakes up and then send her on her way. We don't need any troubles right now."

"I'll make sure she's gone in the morning," Jimin reassured Namjoon and thanked him before he left.

Jimin entered the room he had been assigned and tiptoed over to the bed. He stood a distance away so as to avoid the sparks coming from her body, and he gathered that it had something to do with her powers.

Was this what happened when she was away from her amplifier?

It was still hard to admit that was what he was; an amplifier. Since he was young, his parents had taught him that the heroes were selfish beings, who took advantage of amplifiers, so he was still apprehensive about being close to her.

He peered down at her face and he noticed how pale her complexion had become, and how exhausted she appeared. Her appearance now was so unlike what it was when they had last met.

It worried him. And mixed in with that worry was guilt. Guilt that had rooted in his heart and spread its thorns throughout.

If he had just taken the time to listen, to get to know her true purpose and if he had never run away from her, she wouldn't be lying unconscious like she was now.