5 | Meeting By Chance

The door of the convenience store squeaked open as Jennah entered and she picked up a basket

The door of the convenience store squeaked open as Jennah entered and she picked up a basket. It was late at night and she had been craving some snacks, so it was like the store was calling out to her.

Going to the aisles her favourite snacks were located, Jennah spotted a familiar back and groaned because she knew how annoying he could be. He had been one of her favourite members in BTS, and now he was just a thorn in her side. Of all people, why did she have to run into him?

Jennah went to scoot past him in hopes he didn't notice her, but then she accidentally bumped into him and knocked his basket to the floor instead. Groceries spilt everywhere, and he stared down at the mess with a look of disbelief.

"I'm so sorry." Jennah went to bend down and help him pick them up when he grabbed her arm preventing her from doing so.

"Don't! I can do it myself." He scowled and knelt down to retrieve the food.

"Man, I was just trying to help. You know common courtesy and all that." Jennah held her hands up and looked at him as innocently as she could.

"I've told you before. I don't need your help!" He stood up straight and went to the cashier.

Jennah followed behind him, after getting the snacks she wanted and waited to pay.

After he was finished, she quickly paid, and then tapped him on the shoulder once she was outside.

"I bought too many of these, would you like one?" Without waiting for his answer, she took out a packet of her favourite chips and placed them in his hand.

He looked grudgingly down at his hand and then he sighed in defeat. Looking back at her, she was surprised to see his features had softened and guilt showed in his eyes - it was gone in a flash, however.

"I have to go." He looked as though he wanted to say something else, but thanked her instead for the snack.

As he was leaving, Jennah didn't fail to notice the weariness on his face. It worried her a little.

Sure, he had annoyed her to the point where she didn't want to see his face, but he was still her amplifier. She needed him and soon he would need her protection.

 She needed him and soon he would need her protection