| Finale |

It all started when an explosion sounded out in the silence, and everything around them grew dark

The sound of a door opening startled them, and they were still positioned on the bed. Jimin's body was hunched over Jennah in a stance of protection. Her eyes widened further when she saw someone darting into the room with her night-vision.

"Move!" Jennah shouted and pushed the bewildered male off of her, and he went crashing into the wall, damaging his shoulder. She had no time for apologies and she jumped up to block the incoming attack from the unknown person.

"Who are you?!" Jennah yelled, and her powers surged outwards, causing a lightning storm above their heads. "What do you want from us?"

A sinister laugh caused the hair on her arms to stand up. Jimin moved behind a table, making sure not to jostle his hurt arm too much. He winced in pain and tried to focus on what was happening. Without knowing what he was doing, he closed his eyes. He felt something stir within him and a connection was made with Jennah, who was in the midst of a battle.

Jennah leapt off the bed and shot a bolt at the shadowed figure, a triumph feeling welled up when it hit its target.

The person stumbled for a moment and then another explosion went off as they released their powers, blasting a hole in the wall opposite them. Strong winds blasted into the room and shook everything within.

Jennah struggled to stay upright and clung to the thing closest to her.

The lightning storm above them grew more violent and countless bolts struck the ground, narrowly missing the room's occupants. Then Jennah heard a scream of terror and she looked towards the sound.

To her horror, Jimin was being lifted up by the throat and was dangling above the city streets below. Jimin held on to his captor's wrist for dear life. Tears streamed down his face, and he struggled to breathe.

"Why are you doing this?!" Jennah repeated her previous question and crept forward.

"Stay where you are or I'll drop him right now!"

Jennah paused in her steps and readied a bolt in her clenched fist. Would she be able to hit the person from here?

"Why am I doing this? It's quite simple, you're a danger to all us heroes," he said it as though it was a matter of fact. "Your powers are far stronger than any of us could know, and we want to get rid of the one thing that will make you even more powerful. Before any of the danger you pose comes back to us, it's better to end it all now. Without your amplifier, you won't be able to increase your powers and you will no longer be a threat."

After his last word was uttered, he released his grip from Jimin's neck. As he fell, his screams were the only thing left behind. They rang in Jennah's ears, and she collapsed to the ground, before succumbing to the darkness.

 They rang in Jennah's ears, and she collapsed to the ground, before succumbing to the darkness