8 | Apology

Pain caused her head to throb, and her eyes strained to stay open - the light was so blinding

Pain caused her head to throb, and her eyes strained to stay open - the light was so blinding. When things became a little clearer, it surprised her to see Jimin sitting close to where she had been sleeping moments before.

"What's going on?" was what Jennah intended to ask, except it came out as a garbled mess, and her throat was too scratchy to even try to form a proper sentence.

"Oh here, have some water." He helped her into a sitting position and then handed over a glass. "You've been passed out for a few hours, and if you're wondering how you ended up here, I found you unconscious on the beach. The guys and I were here to perform, and we're currently staying at this hotel. I bought you back here to make sure you were ok."

His own words came out rushed and yet, they still made sense. Her eyes stayed trained on his, over the glass of water she was taking small sips from, and it was hard to look away.

Confusion was now mixing with the pain she felt, and it left her mind in a whirl. Why had he helped her? She had thought that he didn't like her, hated her even, so why the sudden change of heart?

Jennah placed the empty glass down on the bedside table and asked him just as such.

He leaned forward and looked down at his hands, fiddling his thumbs, as he sorted out the tangled thoughts in his head.

"I'm not sure, to be honest," he started and then paused to clear his throat. "You remind me of a friend I used to know. She was like you, a hero, and we were always together until one day, we weren't. I don't know what happened exactly, one day we were the best of friends and then when we got older my parents stopped our friendship before it went any further. They never gave me reasons, and I just put it down to them not liking heroes."

"You see, my parents were both amplifiers and often spoke of the mistreatment they endured from their heroes. Heroes that were supposed to protect them and use their powers for good. Ever since I was young, they told me that a hero would be the bane of my existence and that I could never trust them. So when I saw you that day I freaked out and acted too harshly towards you. And I wasn't any better the days that followed that."

He tentatively placed his hands over hers on top of the sheets and looked deeply into her eyes, expressing to her how sincere he was. "I'm truly sorry for how I acted, and the things I said and did. I never realised how rough of a time you were having, and how much being away from your amplifier would affect you."

"Will you forgive me?"