DEAR, PETER [ONE SHOT]

( IN WHICH PETER PARKER FINALLY READS THE LETTERS FREYA KNIGHT WROTE TO HIM, TWO YEARS LATER )

this letter may come at a bit of a shock

this letter may come at a bit of a shock. I am not sure when you are reading this, but when you are, well, I am most likely dead.

I guess I should start with an apology, because really, I am so, so, sorry for everything that has happened and then everything that will happen when you read this letter. I hope that when you see this, you've had the chance at a good life and you've long since forgotten about Emily Knight because that's what I've asked. If not, please...well, guess I can't stop you from reading.

Let's start at the beginning, not the entire beginning but the beginning of this point on, sort of. I'm writing this with every intention of killing the woman who's been controlling my every move, Inga, and then rushing to warn you of what is to come (I hope, at least). My goal is to save you and your future and stop whatever is to come your way, whatever they have planned before it can even begin.

 That will, of course, result in my life ending rather suddenly but that is accepted, I don't expect to make it through and I don't really care about my life. I will be sending other letters to Anthony Stark and hopefully, he believes me and understands that this is the truth, with the evidence brought along though, I am sure he will. I am to find you wherever you will be, wherever the strange lightning man will be, and warn you - perhaps stop you - before you're lost forever. And then, because I know you're a right idiot and will refuse to take the 'potion' I've left you on your bed (it's just blue water, by the way), I plan to slip it to you in the form of one of Inga's strange devices. I stole it from her two days ago, she's used it on me so, well, it's reliable. I doubt it will be hard to give to you, considering how often I have discovered she would give it to me. Also, because for someone who's supposed to have a secret identity as a superhero, you're not exactly good at being careful.