Part 5 : secrets

(Y/N) : your name
(L/N) : last name
" " : dialogues

________________________________________

((Y/N)'s POV)

I'm standing in front of Rias's peerage. I've been keeping secrets and they've been revealed. They will want more answers now. But looking back that they actually tried to save me, i guess i can trust them with my secret for now, at least some of them.

Me : "so uhh.... i guess i should say thank you" i said as Rias and the others just kept staring at me. The atmosphere is tense right now.

Rias : "you're welcome, but now we want answers. We want to know who you really are ?" Damn, she went straight to the big question. I guess it can't be helped right ?

Me : "as you can see, i can't die" i said as they all just looked at me confused.

Kiba : "what do you mean you can't die ?"

Me : "I'm cursed" i said as they all looked shocked.

Akeno : "cursed ? By who ?" Okay, now is where the truth stop. Now is the time for me to bend the truth a little.... just a little bit......

Me : "somebody who hated me did it, i don't want to talk about it"

Rias : "hmm.... then, how long have you lived so far ?"

Me : "i guess to be exact, i'm now at least fifty years old" i said as they all looked even more shocked. Wow, if they're this shocked to know that i'm that old, i wonder how they'll react if they know my real age ?

Issei : "you're fifty years old?! Damn, and you still look like this?! Man, i want to be you" he said jokingly. How can he say that ? He don't know what it feels like.... wanting to die..... and yet..... you don't...... you don't know what it feels like....

Rias : "i have a question" she said snapping me back to reality.

Me : "ask away"

Rias : "when you 'died' yesterday, i tried to reincarnate you. But somehow, I can't turn you into a devil. Why is that ?"

Me : "that's simple, you can only reincarnate those who's souls are dead. Mine never did, at least it won't stay that way"

Akeno : "so you're a human ? And nothing else ?"

Me : "yes, i'm only human" i said as they all rubbed their chins in thought.

Rias : "but how do you know about the supernatural in the first place ? If you're still a human, that means that you must be still a human when you were cursed right ?"

Me : "i guess the circumstances back then forced me to learn about the supernatural"

Rias : "interesting, do you have any powers ?" Hmm... now how should I answer ? The truth or bend it a little ?

Me : "well, i can use magic, that's all that i'm gonna say about my powers"

Rias : "okay then, now for the last question, will you join my peerage ?" Haha, she actually asked me that ? Who does she think i am ? Serving a devil ? I would rather die, if i can.....

Me : "i refuse. Besides, only devils can join the peerage system"

Rias : "that's right, but we can still be allies. We can help you and you can help us. It's a win win"

Me : "look, i'm tired of fighting. Now, i only want peace and quiet. Can't i at least have that ?" I asked as they all looked sad.

Rias : "okay then, at the very least, Can't we all be friends ?" That's a surprisingly normal question. I guess i should be friendly with them. I don't want any trouble and hard feelings anyways.