Part 17 : a peaceful while

(Y/N) : your name
(L/N) : last name
" " : dialogues

________________________________________

((Y/N)'s POV)

I can see only darkness. With nothingness all around me, I could only stay silent. What happened ? Did I die ? No, that's too good to be true. But then, what happened ? And so, I tried my best to wake up. But then, everything went bright.

(Y/N).....

That voice, it sounds familiar.....

Why can't I see anything ? Why is everything so bright ?

(Y/N).....

Now I remember, it's her.... I could see it....

The blonde hair....

The bright smile....

If only she's here to see how it all turned out....

________________________________________

I open my eyes to see an unfamiliar ceiling. I could feel the pain on my head as I wiped he sweat from my forehead. But still, my hands aren't even trembling. After five hundred years, this has got to be the first time. But why ?

That dream, or at least I think it was a dream. Why am I hearing her voice now ? But still, I'm glad that I could hear it, even if it is inside a dream. But now, I shouldn't dwell on the past. And so, I tried to get up. But why is my arm feeling so heavy ?

I turned my head to see Rias sitting on a chair next to the bed. With her head resting on the corner and her hand tightly gripping mine, I can't really move without waking her up. And so, I shook her shoulder with my other arm.

Me : "Rias, wake up...." her eyes then slowly opened as she looked at me while still half asleep.

Rias : "(Y/N)...." she said with a sleepy tone. It took her a few seconds, but then.....

Rias : "(Y/N)!!!! You're awake!!!!" She yelled as her eyes shot up. She then hugged me so hard, I could almost feel my ribs cracked.

Me : "ouch, this really hurts but thank you nonetheless" I said as she suddenly let me go.

Rias : "oh, sorry! I'm just glad that you woke up. I was starting to worry there" she said with a sad look on her face.

Me : "worry ? Don't be, I'm immortal remember ?" I said as she just smiled.

Rias : "of course. But please, don't do anything like that again" she said as I suddenly remembered what happened that night. I can't believe I let Vali escaped.

Me : "by the way, what happened after I pass out ?" I said as her expression changed.

Me : "Rias, what's wrong ?"

Rias : "you were laying on the ground and there were blood everywhere. My brother then took you back to Issei's house to heal you"

Me : "why didn't you just let me die ? I'll be back in shape in a few days"

Rias : "I don't know, when we saw you dying, we only thought about saving you" she said as I could only sigh. But to be honest, death might be easier, but it's a hell of a pain. But as I was thinking, I suddenly realized something.