𝐢𝐢𝐢. GONE

After the little scene in the amphitheater, Scarlett wandered around the halls, searching for a certain girl wearing a fencing uniform and is probably moping at the moment.

A ding was heard as she went down the corridor stairs, making her bring out her phone from her bag. The device lit up and revealed a message bubble alert from Ben, making Carly unconsciously smile. She tapped the alert and it opened the message pane.

    Hey. Hope you're excited for our date.
      I'll pick you up in your room in two hours.
             I have a surprise for you. I love you.

|

I'm looking forward to it.
Dress casual will you?
I'm getting tired of seeing you in suits.

|

Your wish is my command.
But why didn't you say it back? :(

    Carly fought the urge to reply, wanting for ben to feel as nervous as he could possibly get. She walked to her and lonnie's room with a little jump in her step, suddenly feeling giddy.

    The moment she opened her door, there she found mal sitting on her bed, the red bedsheets wrinkling underneath her light green dress as she fiddled with her fingers.

    "Mal?" The mentioned girl looked up from her hands and focused on the sight of her friend, who she has found to be a fair confidant. Scarlett closed the door behind her before walking over to the bed, sitting down beside her blonde friend. "What are you doing here?"

    "Hiding."

    "From who?"

    "The press... The responsibilities... Everything." Mal huffed out as she fell backwards onto the silk red sheets, hair spread out and arms up. Scarlett followed suit, both girls sprawled out on the bed as they stared at the ceiling.

    "Don't you just miss making people run away from you?" Carly looked up at the view of the side of Mal's face with furrowed eyebrows, not expecting the question from a mile away.

    "Miss the old days? Why'd you ask that?"

    "No reason.. It just feels like... it's so much easier to be bad than good." Mal's words floated around Carly's mind, taking them in as she sat up and looked at the blonde. She felt dread seep in her stomach as she stared at Mal's conflicted eyes before she shut them close.

    "It may seem like that right now Mal, but we chose this... And sometimes, for us to go back, we need to be ready for the consequences." Was all she advised before standing up and heading over to the walk in closet, leaving Mal to drown in her own thoughts.

♛♛♛

    Once Mal left without Scarlett's knowledge, the lady of the court sighed to herself before beginning to get ready for her date with her boyfriend, knowing that when her friend was like this, she needed to be left alone to think to herself and make her mind clear again.

    Scarlett laid out her outfit in the bed with a smile as she visualised it. The light red overalls and grey shirt she would wear would be paired with her grey running shoes, which she got as a gift from Ginny Locks, Daughter of Goldie Locks, who despite her mother's like for bright colours, liked darker tones.

    Just as she was about to put her clothes on, she was suddenly filled with an excruciating pain in her chest. The pain was so much that it consumed her completely, causing for her knees to give out from underneath her. She couldn't breath, her body was shaking on the floor as her hands reached for the bag on the bed, the ruby which was embedded in it beginning to glow from the inner pocket.

Carly was beginning to lose hope.. Hope that she would ever be able to see Ben again.. Hope that she would be able to say goodbye to her friends... Hope..

Black dots were beginning to cloud her vision as she turned her head to the door, the last thing she saw was Lonnie kneeling down beside her paralysed body as she yelled for help in the open hallway.

Then.. She was gone.

Former Q&A answers and questions

I. what is carly's personality like in this story? (by eternalgoddess2001)

Scarlett Queen is a complete soft bitch. Me and my friends call her that because when she's with her friends that need her, she's a complete softy. But when she's in front of her enemies, or people she doesn't like in general, she's a bitch and will treat them like utter trash. It's a miracle how ben fell for her, tbh.

II. am i getting annoying commenting? will carly know uma and her crew? what is your favourite disney and pixar movie? favourite disney princess? what is your favourite movie and tv show? (by AdelePetrova)

No, you aren't. Yes, she does know them from back in the Isle. My favourite is Wall-E, which is such an underrated movie. My favourite disney princess is Mulan, because she's a bad ass warrior. My favourite tv show is Shadowhunters, Doctor Who, The Flash, Arrow and Riverdale. Favourite movie of all time is Cube (1997).

III. Is carly gonna be the one to run back to the isle of the lost?
(by jfranklin21)

No, but she will be in the Isle soon enough. But in different circumstances.

IV. is carly gonna go evil like mal?

In a way, yes. She will.

V. what made you start these books?where do you get the inspiration for carly? (by AwesomeGlossom)

I started these books a month after descendants came out. I gave writing a try and since then, i haven't looked back. I get the inspiration for carly in my real friend, who is also named Scarlet. She can be cold but when she's just with us, her group of friends, she's a really sweet teddy bear.

VI. why did you decide to have ben as the love interest? (by --avenir)

I made ben carly's love interest because i felt as though his character could improve so much more than what was shown in the movie. i wanted to show my readers that he wasn't as perfect as he made others think he was.

VII. does carly still only have half a heart? if she does, will we see her attempt to take it back? (by lovinglyx)

Yes, she still has only half of her heart, hence the pains that she gets and the need to magic the pain away. And another yes to the other question as well, because she is a stubborn mule.

i hope you guys can forgive for the heartbreak that soon follows.