𝐱𝐯. INNER TURMOILS

Ben felt distressed for some reason. Even though he was finally on the soil of his home, he just couldn't shake off the feeling of worry as he pushed himself away from the table he was in front of and stood up, walking to the large window pane of his office that overlooked the gardens.

He knew exactly why he felt this way, but he just didn't want to face it at the moment. He didn't want to go into the room where his girlfriend currently slept, her state in a coma due to the amount of sleeping cologne Evie sprayed in front of her face.

The girl felt guilty for putting her friend in her current state but the others assured her that she did what was necessary. That it was the only thing they could do to get scarlett home. And so they left the Isle and went back, not aware that they left an unknown passenger inside it's horrendous grounds.

Ben was broken free from his thoughts when he realized that he was no longer inside his office, but inside the room where she lay unconscious. Her once earth brown hair splayed out onto the white pillow as her chest rose and fell steadily.

He knew that she was going to be okay, but he just couldn't be at peace as he looked at her on the bed, pale and looked... dead.

Ben took a seat beside the bed as he hesitated to hold her limp hand which lied on her sides, his hands intertwining with hers as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey Carls..." He breathed out as he stared at their hands. "Parker's brought Mal back, and you're here now too... just not in the state that i want you in."

"Evie's feeling bad for what she did... But i know that if you were you right now, you'd bethe first one to reassure her that she did the right thing. Because you... are so filled with good that it makes me ashamed of myself."

"I... I just want to say that i am so sorry... For holding you back. I didn't give you a choice on the matter and it was unfair of me." Ben fought back the urge to cry as he continued. "I never realised... that love could be so magical and yet so painful that i couldn't bear it. It was always obvious that you were the strongest out of the two of us."

He chuckled as he bit his lip. "I— When we were in the Isle, i couldn't help but feel like my heart broke in two when i saw you with that pirate. It was like the world came crashing down in front of my very eyes. And the worst part was... that i couldn't do anything about it."

"You have taught me that love knows no boundaries... no depths... and that, while we're in the moment of falling, we don't stop. We just keep doing it as our hearts gradually dance to one beat." Ben let a tear slip out of the corner of his eyes, letting the bead of liquid sorrow roll down his cheek. "I need you to wake up, Carly. Because if you don't... i'm afraid that my heart won't ever dance to any beat without you anymore."

Ben grasped his beloved's hand tight within both of his own, placing his head down on it as he prayed to the stars and gods to wake her up.

But he didn't know that inside her mind, Scarlett had her own battle to finish.

♛♛♛

    A sharp intake of air was the first thing Scarlett did as her eyes opened and she shot up from where she lied, her back cold against the hard surface her body was lying on. She wore nothing but a simple white sleeping gown, her surroundings a peculiar one.

She was in what seemed to be a cube, a line dividing in the centre the two colours which covered its plain walls. One side was white, the other was black. In a blink of an eye, on either sides of her, stood a few feet away, were herself.

Two different versions of herself stood in their places with their faces blank but eyes spoke a million words. The one on the right wore a crown and looked like a queen that belonged in Auradon. Whilst the one on the left looked like a malicious ruler, that belonged to the Isle.

"Scarlett Queen. Your mother, Iracebeth Of Crims, took half of your heart from you sixteen years ago when she made you from clay and magical concoctions inside her castle grounds. Now, your heart is complete and you have to face an ultimate decision which will decide who you wish to be." Both versions of her spoke in sync as they stared at her, the original one who could only remain silent as she soaked up everything they were trying to tell her.

Suddenly, the light one walked forward until she was finally beside Scarlett, a gentle smile on her face as she kept eye contact. "If you choose the light, you embrace the good in your heart and will become a fair ruler in Auradon. You'll be with Mal, Evie, Carlos, Jay..."

"And you'll have a definite happy ending with Ben, and nothing will be able to split you two apart. You'll have the luxury of knowing in your heart that your relationship will never be put in jeopardy. You'll be happy." Scarlett's heart jumped at the offer the light one was putting on the table for her, and as the light one walked back to her spot, the dark one came forward and settled on the spot beside her right.

"If you choose the dark, you'll take back the wickedness that was already inside of you, and will let it kick the light out of your heart, the darkness taking over you and you will become more powerful. More unbeatable."

"The Isle of the Lost will be yours; Yours to rule and use as you take down Auradon from the inside. You'll have the pirate crew as your allies, and you'll have Harry. You will be the most powerful villain in the whole world once you choose this path." The dark one grinned but with a motive as it walked back to it's spot, a smirk present on it's face.

"Now... Choose."

Scarlett closed her eyes for a moment as her mind tried to clear through the fog that made her unable to clearly see herself.

But then she remembered her friends, her happy moments... her beasty. And in that moment, she knew. She knew who she was.

And before she knew that she has already made up her mind, darkness took over once again.

♛♛♛

Hours have passed and the sun had already set, the automatic lights of each room coming alive as the sun's rays were no longer present in the area, leaving it void of any light.

Ben unknowingly fell asleep as he held onto Scarlett's hand, which was still encased inside his own. But as he was on the borderline of being awake and asleep, he suddenly felt a hand caressing his hair softly, ghosting over it as his eyes fluttered open.

Once he had a grasp of what was happening, his head shot up faster than lighting and what he saw made his heart beat ten times faster than normal.

There on the bed, sat Scarlett with a smile on her face, hand which was in mid air dropping above his as her eyes were trained on him, gauging for his reaction.

The first thing ben noticed was her eyes. God, her eyes were eerily beautiful. It wasn't her twinkling dark ones or her malicious red ones, no, they were both. The right eye was the same dark onyx he loved whilst the left one remained the red shade he has slowly beginning to get used to.

No words were exchanged between them as Ben stood up and placed his palms on the cheeks of the girl in front of him, his thumb caressing the smooth skin as he lowered his head down, placing his lips against her slightly chapped ones.

And that moment, ben knew that she was back. Scarlett was back.

And she was absolutely perfect.