𝐯𝐢. EXES

Scarlett

Scarlett

    The sound of motors were what shocked the citizens in the market place as we passed them, me going on ahead as Mal followed closely behind.

    When we came up to a fork on our path, one leading to my own suite and the other leading to the four's shared one, which was connected to mine with just a bridge we all made, me and mal looked at each other before nodding and going to our own independent paths.

I continued to ride around until i stopped and parked my bike in a hidden spot, covered it with a large leather cloth, keeping it away from prying eyes.

I went to the side and grabbed the unsuspecting rope hanging above my head, pulling it until it began to pull me up with speed, the heavy weigh connected to it going down as i went up, already knowing that the spring at the bottom would catch it and slowly make it's way to it's former position again.

Once i reached the open window which stood as the entrance i stepped on the solid ground of the flat, the rope automatically going down once again the moment i let it go. The red carpet that adorned the living room looked worn out by the amount of feet that have stomped on it over the years. The walls painted with dark grey with black thorns growing on it, their origins unknown even to their owner. The red and gold couch in the centre with a small coffee table in front of it.

    Elegant yet ageing mirrors and paintings hung on the walls, as well as artwork made by a certain purple wearing villain kid. I passed by the old piano and pressed a few keys, their untuned sounds making me wince. I went up the spiral staircase and came up to my room, which made the entire second floor.

The reddish mahogany floors was littered with dusty books, worn shoes and tangled bandanas i was clearly too lazy to put back and arrange accordingly. I threw the bag on the unkept bed covered with red silk sheets and white pillows, just like how i left them here.

    The wooden wardrobe doors with it's paint beginning to chip away, were left ajar that revealed the clothes i left behind, filled with edgy pieces of clothing i never thought i would be tempted to wear again. The vanity's surface was empty except for the bottle of eyeliner and lip gloss evie gave me, and are the two kinds make up products i only use to this day.

At the wall on the left side were two dirty windows and between them was a steel door, which was beginning to rust and lead to a rickety looking bridge which conveniently connected mine and the group's apartments.

It looked just like how i left it... It felt like..

Home.

♛♛♛

    When me and mal got settled in our apartments once again, we decided to visit a close friend in the very outskirts of the island.