𝐱𝐯𝐢. FINAL BATTLE

Today was the day.

The day of the Cotillion has arrived and everybody was buzzing with excitement.

Girls were rushing to get their dresses from their designers as they frantically called and shouted on their phones. Guys were getting into their tuxes as they obsessively messed, waxed and brushed their hair to perfection as the party servers get the food onto the docks and on the boat.

In their dorm room, was Mal and Evie getting ready to get into their dresses as Evie did their makeup and hair, add the finishing touches and they were finally done.

They were both silent as their minds drifted off to different directions, but focused on the same person.

"Hey, Mal. Do you think.... Would Scarlett forgive me for what i did? I did spray her with sleeping cologne." Evie voiced out as she finished the braid of Mal's purple hair and set it to the side, her bangs being brushed downwards.

"E, Scarlett loves you. Ben told me that she's practically forgiven you already. And with her phase cured, i'm sure that she already has." Mal assured as she hugged her best friend, a smile on her face as they both slipped into their gowns.

"I hope so."

♛♛♛

Scarlett stood in front of the full-length mirror of Ben's room. When she woke up, ben and she talked and came to an agreement that she sleeps in his room now, without as much of a fuss from Fairy Godmother, she got herself settled in as her clothes and stuff could now be seen from parts of the room.

She couldn't hold back the butterflies which swarmed in her stomach as she let a smile grace her features. It felt like heaven when she woke up in the morning with him by her side, his peacefulness out in the open for her to marvel at.

Earlier that morning, she woke up much earlier, which left her some time to bathe in her own thoughts. And they traveled to the worst ones. Such as the unforgivable things she did when she wasn't clearly herself. Especially the activities that took place that should have ended her relationship in the first place.

"Oh god... I'm such a fucking idiot." She cursed to herself as she sat down on the bay window of the room, the Isle visible from where she sat and observed.

She drowned herself in guilt as she curled up on her spot for an hour, watching the sunrise from behind the mountains and the birds wake up and fly from their nests.

The sounds of sheets shuffling went unnoticed by her until she felt arms wrapped around her curled up figure and the cushion of the seat of the bay window behind her dip slightly, the feeling of Ben's bare chest against her back giving her heat and comfort.

"Good Morning." He said in his deep morning voice which caused for goosebumps to rise on her arms. Ben placed his jaw on his girlfriend's shoulder as they both watched the sunrise.

"Morning."

Ben knew that something was bothering his girl, so her pulled her towards him and settled her on his lap, making her sit sideways so that he could see her side profile.

"Alright, what's troubling you now?" He questioned as he brushed a lock of hair away from her face. Scarlett felt disgusted with herself at Ben's affectionate action, but she also couldn't help but lean into his touch.