Chapter 15: Danielle

Danielle was sitting on her window seat looking out her window at the sun setting. It was 8:30pm Monday and there was a beautiful pink undertone in the sky. She was thinking about how tomorrow she is going to her first meeting with Mr.Wright the guidance counsellor. She didn't want to have to go and sit in a small, stuffy office with him and share her feelings and worries with a stranger, but at the end of the day it was better doing it this way than getting her parents involved. She still wanted to become a doctor, that was always her goal, however it's so hard to maintain that and her popularity and friendship with Bethany, Ava, Ty and Nick. She deep down wanted to get her grades back on track and was working quite hard on her history assignment - of course she didn't tell Bethany and Ava that because they probably would call her a nerd and make fun of her, it was just easier to work on it quietly by herself at home. She lied to her mother today, she wasn't actually at the library...well, technically she was. She told Bethany and Ava about how her mother is going to start checking with the librarian to see if she was going after school and they both laughed and told her to check in with the librarian and make her way to the very back of the library to the study desks and climb out the window. That way, it's on paper and proves that she checked into the library and also the librarian will remember seeing her. So instead of studying at the library she climbed out and met the two girls and went to Bethany's house which was only a ten minute walk away from the school. They hung out at her's for about an hour and stalked hot guys on instagram, then she made her way back to school to meet her mother so she could collect her. Just as she was lost in the midst of her thoughts she got interrupted by a text by Nick.

Nick: 

I'm drujnk want 2 come ovr?

She sighed and locked her phone. She was bored, but she didn't want to go over to Nick's house because he's a sloppy drunk and would just want her there to do things to her...and she didn't want that. She typed back.

Danielle:

No sorry, my mom will know i've left, can't afford getting in more shit.

Instead, she made her way over to her desk and opened her MacBook and started finishing her history assignment.