Mistake 1

Welsh winced and pushed himself backwards as he was dragged away from his cage, the rusted wires scraping against his fur, digging into his skin as he was ripped away from his only comfort zone. The men holding him by the scruff pulled violently, dragging the pitbull down the hall. He whined and barked before being thrown into the boarded up ring.
    He stared at the two kittens in the center, one was red and the other was blue, they had been scribbled on with markers. Welsh approached them meekly, they cried and retreated behind each other, shaking and mewling. The large dog watched them, feeling sympathy as he stepped over them defensively, staring up at the crowd gathered, surrounding the ring. His ears drooped back as he watched the large Tosa Inu approach, being lead by a large man, the dog was on a tight leash and muzzled.
    "I won't let him hurt you." Welsh whispered to the kittens, that only cried into his dirty paws. He breathed heavily, puffing out his chest and releasing a low growl at the much large dog. The red and white pitbull frowned as the Tosa entered the enclosure. The muzzle was removed along with the leash and the animal charged without hesitation, slamming into the smaller dog, sending him sliding across the ground. His opponent then raced to the small felines, grabbing one of them and sinking his teeth into her. Welsh barked ferociously and jumped to his feet, running to the Tosa and ramming into him, refusing to bite. The kitten was sent flying into the crowd, there was laughter and yelling before she was returned into the unforgiving ring. The pitbull whined before being attacked, the larger animal grabbing him by the face and slamming him into the dirt floor, biting into his cheek, pulling flesh off. He cried out and pushed him off. "W-Why are you doing this!?"
    "Why aren't you!?" the Tosa Inu questioned before lunging at the other, who slid away and positioned himself over the kittens once again. "This is the only way to be what we really are! What's wrong with you!? Are you broken?" The larger dog called out as he charged once more. He slammed into the pitbull and dug him into the ground, sinking his teeth into his chest, crushing the small felines. Welsh panicked and rolled himself and the other away from the youth, sending paws flying into the face of the Tosa. Nothing worked, blood began to spill down his own body, he shook his head in sorrow.
    "I'm not the broken one, I-I just know better!" Welsh barked before sinking his teeth into the throat of the other, who yelped and rolled away. The pit looked to him, frantic and scared, he then looked to the kittens, then the ring's walls. The larger dog quickly stood back on his feet and charged, Welsh knew he had no choice, he bolted, running to the wall, climbing it quickly, glancing back at the baby felines that cried out in fear and pain. He jumped into the crowd and fled, running down the halls, looking for anything while moving at full speed. A man was walking out, the door opened, he went for it.