Correction 7

Welsh wandered alone down the empty long strip of highway. Grey skies brought a chill, and the smell of rain. He glanced at a familiar barbed wire fence that protected a large field. The canine squeezed through the wires carefully, this time dodging the rust that had stabbed him once before. He stepped through the tall grass quietly, occasionally sniffing the air. His tear stained face, dull expression, and blood stained fur made him seem a lot less friendly than he had once was.
"I didn't expect you to come back, I actually hoped you wouldn't. I hope you didn't bring company-" Jasper commented coldly as he sat on the telephone line above. He stared down at the bloody pitbull and looked almost disappointed. "I almost thought you were better than that." He muttered as he shook his head, he glanced up at the dark clouds above, a single raindrop fell to his nose.
"I killed Rex, I had no choice." Welsh replied hoarsely. "I didn't want to, he killed Mayo, and he was trying to kill me!-" The pit cried as he slowly came to a stop, more tears fell from his eyes as rain began to pour down, washing the blood and dirt from his coat. "I had no choice! I just wanted to leave!"
"Well,, good riddance. That pest killed my human. My sisters and I loved our human." The feline stated as he slowly climbed down from the wires, landing on the ground next to the dog, looking at him and rubbing himself against him, purring, hoping to comfort him. "You did what you had to do, that mutt was no good." The russian blue sighed as he stepped passed the familiar corpse, now covered in bugs and other creatures. "It's not your fault, I don't blame you. Come with me." Jasper comforted, leading the pit deep into the grass across the field until they entered the old farmhouse. It was lonely, empty, quiet. The cat lead him up the stairs to the farmer's old room, as he pushed it gently open Welsh's eyes widened slightly at the sight of three kittens sitting on the large bed.
"Your sisters!" Welsh gasped, smiling politely at them. They stood on their feet and looked at him with lit up faces, they meowed and purred at him, each of their little tails swaying gently. They looked like their older brother, their only differences were eye colors, blue, green, and brown, and the youngest had a black paw.
"You can get on the bed, and you can stay here for as long as you want, we could use the protection." Jasper suggested calmly, smiling at his young siblings. The canine smiled brightly and carefully hopped into the mattress beside the kittens, lying next to them.
"T-Thank you so much!" The pitbull cried, sniffling as one of the kittens lied next to him, memories of the young felines he had left behind in the ring quickly began to haunt them, as happy as he was he couldn't help but feel uneasy. He looked to the three as calmly as he could, his tail wagging carefully. "What're your names?"
"My name's Fayre." The black footed kitten replied with a purr, looking to her older brother who approved happily.
"I'm Eve!" The blue eyed sibling introduced herself excitedly, sitting next to her new acquaintance. She sniffed him and kept weary even though she was clearly thrilled.
"And my name is Joyce!" The green eyed kitten added as she lied next to her youngest sister, looking up at the large, intimidating canine.
"It is very nice to meet you girls." Welsh replied, smiling before looking to Jasper, who also laid next to him. He sighed contently, feeling as if this was the closest to home he was ever going to get.
"You're very sweet for a dog who's been through the ring." The larger feline quietly commented, purring as he shut his eyes. Welsh turned to stare at him, shocked, he had never told this cat about that, he never told anyone, it was normal, he thought it was. "I could smell it on you the first time you came here." Jasper explained as he drifted off to sleep. Welsh then looked to the young girls again, who were all lying next to him. He kept thinking about how many kittens he had watched die, how many he heard cry from his cage, the two he left behind. Tears pricked his eyes as he wondered if he could have done anything different, if maybe somehow it was his fault. The youngest began to hum and the others joined her quickly after.
"It sounds like an excuse but sometimes it's okay to escape. Just remember that tomorrow you will try your best to be,, great."
"For now my babe, breath in the outer space. Unravel your brain, relax your rough reality, even though this ain't permanent is always good to see that you can be,, awake again"
As the three sung softly, the pitbull sighed and slowly shut his eyes, melting into a calmness that he had never felt before, he was no longer afraid, for once no one was going to hurt him.